Postby Treeshrew » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:15 am

2014 Scion tC

Motorola Photon 4G LTE
Some sort of car mount
Integrated Bluetooth capability with Pioneer sound system
Treeshrew

Re: What is your "Setup"

Postby wisedraco » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:59 pm

i do not very like to sit in a traffic - i more like to drive whatever i want, and i last year my incomes drops, as so i purchase motorcycle, and be happy with that - expenses drops ( beside of tax and insurance, fuel consumption is bellow 4.5 litres in average, and about 4.2 litres on highway - to 100 km! on car i get no better than 7 - 7.5 litres ), and driving was like a about 20 or 25 years ago, when cars is far less, and rush hours and slow traffic is non-exist. as so my "big" vehicle, for traveeling distances greater than about 10 kilometres is old yamaha xj600 sport-touring motorcycle, with chinese smartphone on android 4.0.
short distances i mostly ride on sport bicycle. thinking about phone splashproof mount to bicycle \ motorcycle. last time i drive with moto and turn on navigation on waze, and be very surprised -voice commands is that aloud, i can hear it even in full-face helmet and with working engine!
thinking also about micro-usb 12v charger and bluetooth headset for full enjoying of that things...;)

very surprised, why another peoples not change their cars to 2 wheelers - bicycles, motorcycles, scooters - i be sure, most of us not really need car with its carrying capacity every day, end even, every week....
wisedraco

Postby sketch » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:17 pm

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5-speed

Probably the best car mount I've ever used, and I've used a lot: the Aduro U-Grip Plus. You can insert and remove the phone with one hand, basically you push the phone against one of the spring-loaded grips outward until the phone fits. To remove, just pull the phone out one side at a time. The suction cup is also insane—it stays for weeks at a time, even on the Focus's textured dash, even on a slope! Easy to stick on, too. It comes with an adhesive pad if that doesn't work—but it's pretty unlikely you'll need it, I think.

The only downside is that it's basically impossible not to move the holder around when inserting or removing the phone. It's easy to adjust, though.

My previous mount was very sturdy, but it only had a regular suction cup (albeit a very good one), and it was only adjustable in notches. It was really difficult for the obsessive in me to get it the way I wanted it. It'd stay there once I found it, but if it fell off, it'd take a bunch of readjusting again.

I'll post a night pic later. Waze's night theme matches the Ford's dash pretty well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby danofsatx » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm using this Arkon mount - it comes with every configuration you need, a windshield suction, suction pad for dashes, and an air vent mount. I leave the vent mount in the wife's '07 Honda Odyssey, and use the dash pad+Suction in my '00 GMC Sierra 1500. The mount is holding a Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1.2 on T-Mobile. I also purchased a dual USB port charger from Newegg that's no longer available - it has one 1.0 Amp circuit and one 2.1 amp circuit. This works well for running the GS3 and the iPad.

The Wazer previously known as Dan_in_TX.

L4 Area Manager: San Antonio Metro Area
L4 Area Manager: Lufkin TXDOT District
L4 Area Manager: Upper Ohio River Valley

ImageImage
danofsatx
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby txemt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:12 pm

2004 Honda Civic. Can't remember the charger, on my iPhone 4S. I don't use a mount, I use my hand or my lap. It makes it harder for cops to see I'm "texting" when I'm making notes along my drives.
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby sketch » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:15 pm

At night. Mostly took this so I could color-match a night theme to my gauge needle color.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby wisedraco » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:44 pm

There is mine:
phone holder not good for android, because block some area on screen, as so i plan to swap it.
Attachments
IMG_4747_waze_moto.JPG
Waze on motorcycle
IMG_4747_waze_moto.JPG (170.42 KiB) Viewed 1052 times
wisedraco

Postby Paff_92 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:04 am

- 2001 BMW 330d
- Bluetooth FM transmitter Tunelink auto (very very good stuff to play music or others sounds from your device if you don't have an auxiliary input in your car)
- Iphone 4 with some basic car mount (windsreen or car vents if too much sun)

@wisedraco :
Why keeping a car ? Just one reason : safety.
Everyday in my city, there are moto or scooter accidents :?
iPhone 4 / iOS v6.1.3 / Waze v3.7.2
Paff_92

Postby Bonedyourmom » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:35 pm

2004 Honda accord.

iPhone 4.
Bonedyourmom

Re: What is your

Postby txemt » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:13 pm

sketch wrote:Image

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5-speed

Probably the best car mount I've ever used, and I've used a lot: the Aduro U-Grip Plus. You can insert and remove the phone with one hand, basically you push the phone against one of the spring-loaded grips outward until the phone fits. To remove, just pull the phone out one side at a time. The suction cup is also insane—it stays for weeks at a time, even on the Focus's textured dash, even on a slope! Easy to stick on, too. It comes with an adhesive pad if that doesn't work—but it's pretty unlikely you'll need it, I think.

The only downside is that it's basically impossible not to move the holder around when inserting or removing the phone. It's easy to adjust, though.

My previous mount was very sturdy, but it only had a regular suction cup (albeit a very good one), and it was only adjustable in notches. It was really difficult for the obsessive in me to get it the way I wanted it. It'd stay there once I found it, but if it fell off, it'd take a bunch of readjusting again.

I'll post a night pic later. Waze's night theme matches the Ford's dash pretty well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

That looks like a street in Metairie. Somewhere in the Vets/Clearview to Causeway area.
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General