Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Logged in but then what...?

Post by Motopopo
Hi,
After login All I can see is Livemap/dashboard/community/support/blog.
I can see my personal detail and rank. I can see my scoreboard.
When I click livemap, I do get a map but I want to help edit. So I click update map and then...
All I see is a blank page with the text: "keyboard shortcuts". That's it.
I cannot see my drives either.

So there's not much I can do with the Waze pages. Now what?
Motopopo

POSTER_ID:11918358

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
IE really is mostly garbage. In terms of "modern browsers," the editor works just fine for me on Mac/PC in Safari, Firebox and Chrome.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
doctorkb wrote:Oh, and IE is garbage. Always has been and likely always will be. It has never adhered to industry standards, preferring to make its own. And even then, it hasn't kept up to date with the times.
Even Microsoft's own marketing admits that this. "This version sucks less." is their slogan, which implicitly states that IE still actually sucks.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by doctorkb
Froggypwns wrote:Saying that IE is garbage shows you are just stuck in the past. Again the editor does not work on IE10, and Safari/Chrome/Firefox are all not compatible with my main computer.
If your "main computer" won't run Safari, Chrome or Firefox, it's time to toss it out the window. All three are available for both Mac & Windows, and the latter two for Linux as well.

No self-respecting individual still runs IE as their primary browser... nor do they expect people to make sites that are heavy in coding (like WME) work on it.

Oh, and IE is garbage. Always has been and likely always will be. It has never adhered to industry standards, preferring to make its own. And even then, it hasn't kept up to date with the times.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
It is a shame that the Waze staff are unable to code the editor to work in all modern browsers, and they force you to use Chrome. The Cartouche editor worked great in everything including the browser on my phone, but the current WME won't work on anything except Chrome. I can't install Chrome or ChromeFrame on one of my computers because it is not compatible, making it impossible for me to edit from Internet Explorer 10.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
Saying that IE is garbage shows you are just stuck in the past. Again the editor does not work on IE10, and Safari/Chrome/Firefox are all not compatible with my main computer.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
doctorkb wrote: If your "main computer" won't run Safari, Chrome or Firefox, it's time to toss it out the window. All three are available for both Mac & Windows, and the latter two for Linux as well.
Time to toss it out? I just got it brand new from Microsoft, has decent specs like a quad core 1.6ghz, 64GB SSD, iPad like great battery life, and displays every single other page fine including this one. It is not my fault Waze can't code the map editor correctly. They should of kept tweaking the Cartouche, maybe freshened up the UI on it and improve selecting multiple segments, but overall it was the better editor and it worked fine in IE. WME is unreliable in Chrome too, requiring refreshing after a few minutes of editing because it stops loading right or coming up with saving errors. My ranking has been dropping as of late because it is too frustrating trying to edit even on the "superior" Chrome.
doctorkb wrote:No self-respecting individual still runs IE as their primary browser... nor do they expect people to make sites that are heavy in coding (like WME) work on it.
Plenty of self respecting people use it, what I can't figure out is how people use inferior slow dumbed down browsers like Chrome. If you aren't going to use IE, the only good powerful alternative is Opera, but again WME does not work on that either.
doctorkb wrote: Oh, and IE is garbage. Always has been and likely always will be. It has never adhered to industry standards, preferring to make its own. And even then, it hasn't kept up to date with the times.
If IE is garbage then Chrome must be the worst piece of dung to ever be released for Windows, beating out iTunes! :)

IE is up with the times. IE6 wasn't that great, IE7 and 8 weren't much better, but IE9 is great and IE10 is fantastic. Microsoft isn't just sitting on the sidelines anymore, they made a great comeback and have shamed Google. Remember, IE is the only browser to ship with features to prevent you from being tracked by advertisers enabled by default. Standards compliance is still not as great as Chrome, but it is significantly better than it was previously, and patches keep improving it, they should be dead even or ahead of the competition by time 11 rolls around.

Tom's Hardware recently did a test with Chrome, IE, FF, and Opera on Windows 8, in the performance catagories IE did better than Chrome in nearly every test.
http://media.bestofmicro.com/5/5/360473 ... WBGP14.png

Even Microsoft's own marketing admits that this. "This version sucks less." is their slogan, which implicitly states that IE still actually sucks.
No, you misinterpreted that video, they were saying that even die hard haters like you have to admit it doesn't suck anymore.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by iainhouse
The editor doesn't work with Internet Explorer. The pop up suggests using the Chrome Frame with IE -I don't know how well that works and the excellent user-created scripts probably won't work.

I use the Chrome browser for editing. Firefox and Safari also work fine with the editor.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by Motopopo
I recieved an email after reporting a missing road. When clicked a link to go to the map editor, I dis get some popup saying something about some chrome extension. Clicked it away-spam, I thought.
Now I cannot see what it was anymore. Did I need this? I use explorer.
Motopopo
Send a message

Post by Motopopo
Thanks you all.
I'll try safari. Works like a charm on my mac also. (why don't I get rid of the windows machine...)
Motopopo
Send a message