Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Apple to acquire Waze?

Post by

POSTER_ID:1622505

Send a message

Post by aduljr
I would hate it if apple acquire Waze. Android support would surely disappear at somepoint which would leave me looking for another app to use on my daily commutes. :(
aduljr
Send a message

Post by amiga6
Apple will destroy Waze! I will leave Waze if Apple buys Waze. Lucky, so far, there allternativ
amiga6
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
I'm using Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Android 13 Swedish and the latest (beta) Waze version.

Post by baba492
I don't want Apple buying this wonderful app. Why good free things can't last man
baba492
Send a message

Post by banished
Depressing. Most depressing. The Apple and Waze cultures are diametrically opposed, but money talks. I wonder how much I should bill Apple for all the effort invested into Waze?
banished
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
GC, ARC, Veteran, CISSP, MCP

Post by bgodette
vanterax wrote:So false news. But look at the amount of free publicity for Waze. A lot more people are suddenly aware of it now. :)
And there's the real story. :lol:
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
chris_debian wrote:Just a thought; if anyone is interested, this would need discussion outside of this thread.
And infrastructure is free, right? Forking a client is pointless when it has nothing to talk to.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by camrun91
No one ever said that apple would change the app. I personally feel that if apple allows waze to operate as it has been only with apple backing financially and having access to the map system that it has great potential to make both a whole lot better.
camrun91
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Area Manager Oklahoma city, OK
https://cameronandmadalyn.com

Post by CBenson
Well then why do the term of use state:
When you submit Content to be published on the Service, you represent and warrant that you own all intellectual property rights in the Content; that you are permitted to publish the Content and to permit Waze to publish the Content and exploit all intellectual property rights in and to the Submissions. Waze receives no ownership rights in and to the Content of your Submissions.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by cherianchris
banished wrote:I wonder how much I should bill Apple for all the effort invested into Waze?
Not to mention the millions of hours, put in by wazers, editing the base map.

Besides that, even if Apple were to acquire Waze, that would apply only for the self managing countries. In India, if Apple take over Waze, they will have the seventh largest country, in the world, with a Virgin basemap. Will not do much good to Apple IMO.

Chris -> MB526 -> Tapatalk 2
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by cherianchris
Finally! Dear Sleep, here I come.. :smile:

But this entire rumor made me realise that "Nothing is Forever", except faith. Waze is bound to sell sooner or later. The more time Waze takes, the better for us Waze Addicts and OCD patients.

Chris -> MB526 -> Tapatalk 2
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png