GPS on N97

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: GPS on N97

Postby billiousoz » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:18 am

I have had the same experience - I find the application very unreliable. It has great difficulty connecting to the GPS system and often shows no network connection when the phone has full HSPA connectivity. Also, it either crashes or freezes frequently, which makes it quite impractical to use, especially when in mapping mode.
billiousoz

GPS on N97

Postby Blissful » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:55 am

Hi.

Was just wondering about the GPS in the symbian version of the software (1.4.3.8). Standing outside in the open the Waze has a real hard time connecting to the GPS, the connection drops constantly or does not connect at all, just tells me to go outside.

Nokia Maps or Google maps have no problem getting and maintaining a GPS connection... Is there something i can do to make the waze GPS connection more responsive or stable?

Also, would it be possible to use the report option even though the GPS connection is not active, IF the system has managed to find you position at some point and knows generally where you are??

Really irritating since it wont let you mark reports or sign in to foursquare if the GPS connection drops... Try doing that as GPS plays "skip rope"....
Blissful

Return to Website, Community, General