Sirius XM Internet Radio

Moderator: Unholy

Sirius XM Internet Radio

Postby tf6217 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi. Is anyone running Sirius XM Internet radio with Waze? I run the two together, but when Waze tries to provide directions or alert me to hazards through Bluetooth, whatever I am hearing through Sirius XM goes silent for as long as whatever Waze is trying to say and then Sirius XM goes back to broadcasting. When I use Pandora, everything works great. Pandora cuts out and Waze provides navigational instructions or hazard alerts. Seems like Sirius XM is misbehaving but I wanted to see if anyone else was running this configuration and if they had this problem. Thanks.
tf6217

Re: Sirius XM Internet Radio

Postby jtrainer1 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:02 pm

It Depends on how you connect your Phone to your Vehicles radio. My Waze connects to my GM radio using Bluetooth. When Waze breaks in to give directions the vehicle treats it like I am receiving a phone call by muting the Audio on the radio, after the announcement it will then unmute the audio again.

If you have plugged into your radio using an RCA check check your settings on Waze to see if you have requested it to mute the audio.
jtrainer1

Re: Sirius XM Internet Radio

Postby sk2380 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:24 pm

tf6217 wrote:Hi. Is anyone running Sirius XM Internet radio with Waze? I run the two together, but when Waze tries to provide directions or alert me to hazards through Bluetooth, whatever I am hearing through Sirius XM goes silent for as long as whatever Waze is trying to say and then Sirius XM goes back to broadcasting. When I use Pandora, everything works great. Pandora cuts out and Waze provides navigational instructions or hazard alerts. Seems like Sirius XM is misbehaving but I wanted to see if anyone else was running this configuration and if they had this problem. Thanks.

Hi,

I use tune-in radio for iPhone I have faced similar problem like yours, tune-in goes temporary silent for the alert and back when it's over.
I think Waze is programmed like that so you can enjoy both. ;)
sk2380

Return to Website, Community, General