Community reorganization

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Community reorganization

Postby the1who » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:34 am

I agree with what was being said there. I wasn't going to try to create an argument or flame war etc, just to emphasize what jhfrtonz said, someone may have already posted fluently about the topic already, me just adding to the thread, makes the posts get deeper and deeper. At some level we need to keep it simple.

Second part, not to self bloat, but the USA is made up more than just states, it is rather regional in some regards, like the Midwest. Until recently, editor activity was rather sporadic if not minimum here. Granted some other states have had more rock solid foundations with editors of all levels working together. But that hasn't really been the case here in the Midwest. I have some CM's neighboring, but it probably isn't overlaid as deep as say probably CA or Boston? I appreciate the new levels of help that I have been getting here lately with new AM's and it seems a new CM or two, but to assign someone this area more responsibility over me because they have posted more in the forums, sort of puts me on the porch if you get what I am saying.

I feel like there is a fine line being walked here, some are going to feel it more than others. Until mapcat's freeway adventures, I had strived to connect major metropolitan areas here by correctly making the freeway structure more prevalent. To have a system that overrules all of my efforts because of forum posts would chaff me a bit.

I am sure it will all get sorted out. I look forward to change, it will be healthy for the community and us all. I just hope some things are grandfathered in here.

Edit: I don't want to distract where we are going here, I felt like I was rambling a bit there, but I hope that someone at least follows what I am saying there...let me know, thanks.
Waze Champ, USA Region 3 (Plains) Coordinator, and Country Manager
Android Expert
Direct E-mail: waze.midwest@gmail.com

Nexus 5 - JB 4.4.2 | Waze 3.7.8
Nexus 7 - JB 4.4.2 | Waze 3.7.8

Waze FAQ | Best Map Editing Practice | Waze chat IRC
the1who
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby xteejx » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:12 pm

This might just work. Has this anything to do with the other new beta stuff, and will that be integrated with this somewhere?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
xteejx

Postby xteejx » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:51 pm

Perhaps a translation contact for each language set?

xteejx

Postby xteejx » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:54 am

I'll be cheeky and ask for a name badge with UK English super person then please lol
Do I get any super powers like being able to fly or invisibility or anything? ;-)

xteejx

Re: Re: Community reorganization

Postby xteejx » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:25 pm

harling wrote:The first time I suggested a minimum forum post requirement, I also specified that it should not be widely known that forum participation is one of the metrics, let alone a specific number of posts. Otherwise, making enough worthless posts to qualify becomes just another "game".

If the folks at Waze want to put their maps--perhaps their most valuable resource--in the hands of people according to their ability to game the system, rather than according to evaluation by other concerned parties, that's their prerogative; but it isn't a formula for success.

Massive +1. It should be based solely on proven ability and by peers in the community who are established, not by any numbers or stats (except the edit requirement).

xteejx

Previous

Return to Website, Community, General