Sounds like a good plan Shirli!

Over time we can adjust step by step.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by the1who
One issue...

I have a problem with the minimum forum post requirement.

Granted you want people to be active...but that should not be a rule and guide by how many forum posts one makes to scale how valuable they are. Example...someone can just go in the unlock forums and type "fixed" all day long to everything and anything, just to drive up their forum posts... I think that should be secondary consideration if some other requirement is not met.

I find it useless sometimes to get involved with every forum post that don't necessarily pertain to contributing. Meaning, I could go and talk everywhere in the forum, and I might not know what I am talking about anyways, and then I ruin my reputation all for the sake that I was trying to build forum post count.

Other part of the equation here is, out of the millions of users, I imagine there are not as many active users who could care about the forums. Not to say they shouldn't be up to date with information from user experiences and reports, to planning and organization. It is just that for that to be listed number one for each requirement for this new direction, it puts those who have been active just in different ways, out on the door step.

With that being said, I imagine the responsibility by Waze to continually admin users and managers of millions of users, is probably going to be handled best by local AM's and CM's. So I applaud this direction. So I look forward to these design improvements and the better of the community and app at large. But please, the forum posts shouldn't be in my opinion, the only reason here, or I envision more useless posts will start to propagate, which really won't be beneficial but more of a nuisance I do believe. Thanks!
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100

Post by the1who
I agree with what was being said there. I wasn't going to try to create an argument or flame war etc, just to emphasize what jhfrtonz said, someone may have already posted fluently about the topic already, me just adding to the thread, makes the posts get deeper and deeper. At some level we need to keep it simple.

Second part, not to self bloat, but the USA is made up more than just states, it is rather regional in some regards, like the Midwest. Until recently, editor activity was rather sporadic if not minimum here. Granted some other states have had more rock solid foundations with editors of all levels working together. But that hasn't really been the case here in the Midwest. I have some CM's neighboring, but it probably isn't overlaid as deep as say probably CA or Boston? I appreciate the new levels of help that I have been getting here lately with new AM's and it seems a new CM or two, but to assign someone this area more responsibility over me because they have posted more in the forums, sort of puts me on the porch if you get what I am saying.

I feel like there is a fine line being walked here, some are going to feel it more than others. Until mapcat's freeway adventures, I had strived to connect major metropolitan areas here by correctly making the freeway structure more prevalent. To have a system that overrules all of my efforts because of forum posts would chaff me a bit.

I am sure it will all get sorted out. I look forward to change, it will be healthy for the community and us all. I just hope some things are grandfathered in here.

Edit: I don't want to distract where we are going here, I felt like I was rambling a bit there, but I hope that someone at least follows what I am saying there...let me know, thanks.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100

Post by Tiburoncin837
Habra alguna forma de pedir la membresía de "Expert"...? Soy taxista desde hace 5 años y conozco cada metro de la ciudad de Manizales y sus respectivos cambios.
Tiburoncin837
Send a message