Post by timbucks
davipt wrote:
timbucks wrote:My only bug bear with Waze is its definition of fastest route.
I have a feeling something is quite wrong with the "fastest route" calculation. For at least the last six month I've switched to "shortest route" because with fastest route I get routes that are nonsense to me. I've been optimizing my way home-work a lot so I can have three free alternatives (plus one paid freeway), and with toll-avoidance and shortest they are all three there, ordered by the least accidents/traffic. If I pick "fastest", I usually get only one alternative, and the wrong one. And also because when the routes do match, I've also noticed that the fastest is usually not really the fastest, I've personally just given up from that option. Forget the naming, try the "shortest" option and tell us how it goes
OK, will give that a go this evening...
timbucks
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by WazinBruce
It all depends where you are and how active the local community and editors are. I can tell you there is a group of us in North East Ohio working hard to ensure that Waze maps are every bit as good or better than Google Maps or other Sat Nav solutions. The waypoint finding is a shortcoming, and with the loss of the Google API, it is worse as it now relies heavily on Bing. If you have a jailbroken iPhone there is an app that allows you to search for waypoints in Google maps and then navigate through Waze. I use Waze almost exclusively for many of the reasons already mentioned above.
WazinBruce
Send a message
Just Wazin' through life and loving it!

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Active Editor for East Side of Cleveland, Ohio

Wiki Resources: Ohio Wazeopedia | New Ohio Editors | Ohio Area Managers