Thanks list

Moderator: Unholy

Thanks list

Postby razor2k » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:11 am

Not sure about this new system of "thanking" a post. It seems as this would create a horse race of sorts and only the more popular posters would receive credit. This could discourage others from participating at all.

Just my 2 cents...
Last edited by razor2k on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual
razor2k
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 8:40 pm
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Thanks list

Postby txemt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:17 am

razor2k wrote:Not sure about this new system of "thanking" a post. It seems as this would create a horse race of sorts and only the more popular posters would receive credit. This would discourage others from participating at all.

Just my 2 cents...


Giddy up!!! :)
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager
 
Posts: 4769
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:03 pm
Location: Miami, Fl
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 1032 times

Re: Thanks list

Postby razor2k » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:25 am

txemt wrote:
razor2k wrote:Not sure about this new system of "thanking" a post. It seems as this would create a horse race of sorts and only the more popular posters would receive credit. This would discourage others from participating at all.

Just my 2 cents...


Giddy up!!! :)


Can't help but to laugh at that response :lol:
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual
razor2k
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 8:40 pm
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Thanks list

Postby harling » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:35 am

razor2k wrote:Not sure about this new system of "thanking" a post. It seems as this would create a horse race of sorts and only the more popular posters would receive credit. This would discourage others from participating at all.

It might also eliminate a lot of "+1"/"me too" posts.
Image
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.
harling
 
Posts: 1736
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: Eastern MA
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: Thanks list

Postby txemt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:40 am

I'm liking that I won't keep getting replies that say "thank you" to unlock requests, or update requests. I typically think there may be another problem when I see that I have an unread response to the forum thread I'm in.
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager
 
Posts: 4769
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:03 pm
Location: Miami, Fl
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 1032 times

Re: Thanks list

Postby razor2k » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:46 am

harling wrote:
razor2k wrote:Not sure about this new system of "thanking" a post. It seems as this would create a horse race of sorts and only the more popular posters would receive credit. This would discourage others from participating at all.

It might also eliminate a lot of "+1"/"me too" posts.


Possibly...but not totally sold on that theory :? Does a "thumbs up" count as a post? Probably not, so if someone wants credit for a post in their stats they're going to post +1 or me too anyway.
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual
razor2k
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 8:40 pm
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Thanks list

Postby harling » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:51 am

razor2k wrote:Does a "thumbs up" count as a post? Probably not, so if someone wants credit for a post in their stats they're going to post +1 or me too anyway.

I'm not sure what kind of credit a "me too" post deserves in the first place. If you have a reputation for posting "+1" everywhere, having 1,000 posts in your stats doesn't mean much to anyone.
Image
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.
harling
 
Posts: 1736
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: Eastern MA
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: Thanks list

Postby razor2k » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:52 am

txemt wrote:I'm liking that I won't keep getting replies that say "thank you" to unlock requests, or update requests. I typically think there may be another problem when I see that I have an unread response to the forum thread I'm in.


Really?...I never have seen that as a problem, it only takes a second to check an unread response :?
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual
razor2k
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 8:40 pm
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Thanks list

Postby txemt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:55 am

But when you have 15 of them awaiting to be checked to make sure nothing else is wrong with the area I fixed...
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager
 
Posts: 4769
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:03 pm
Location: Miami, Fl
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 1032 times

Re: Thanks list

Postby razor2k » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:00 am

harling wrote:
razor2k wrote:Does a "thumbs up" count as a post? Probably not, so if someone wants credit for a post in their stats they're going to post +1 or me too anyway.

I'm not sure what kind of credit a "me too" post deserves in the first place. If you have a reputation for posting "+1" everywhere, having 1,000 posts in your stats doesn't mean much to anyone.


I agree with you 100% but at a glance how would one know the quality of posts made by an individual?
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual
razor2k
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 8:40 pm
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Next

Return to Website, Community, General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users