Thanks list

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Thanks list

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:34 am

txemt wrote:I'm liking that I won't keep getting replies that say "thank you" to unlock requests, or update requests. I typically think there may be another problem when I see that I have an unread response to the forum thread I'm in.

Also, note that if you started a thread, you can mark the thread as "Resolved", which should come in handy for the Unlock Requests forum.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby harling » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:49 am

razor2k wrote:
harling wrote:I'm not sure what kind of credit a "me too" post deserves in the first place. If you have a reputation for posting "+1" everywhere, having 1,000 posts in your stats doesn't mean much to anyone.

I agree with you 100% but at a glance how would one know the quality of posts made by an individual?

It takes time to rack up 1,000 posts, even if they're mostly "me too"s. One couldn't tell by a glance at the number, but the people whose opinion matters most (i.e., the others most active on the forum) would already know; Thus, "reputation".

Better to give 500 "thumbs up" and have 500 substantial forum posts, than have 1,000 posts and the reputation that half your posts (maybe more?) don't add much to the conversation.
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.
harling

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:52 am

jasonh300 wrote:
txemt wrote:I'm liking that I won't keep getting replies that say "thank you" to unlock requests, or update requests. I typically think there may be another problem when I see that I have an unread response to the forum thread I'm in.

Also, note that if you started a thread, you can mark the thread as "Resolved", which should come in handy for the Unlock Requests forum.

Okay...I posted this earlier, but can anyone figure out how the "Resolved" works? I flagged a couple in the Champs forum as Resolved earlier, but can't do it on newer posts. I wonder if they shut it off.
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby razor2k » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:07 am

jasonh300 wrote:Okay...I posted this earlier, but can anyone figure out how the "Resolved" works? I flagged a couple in the Champs forum as Resolved earlier, but can't do it on newer posts. I wonder if they shut it off.

Jason, I'm not really sure what is working and what is not anymore. Seems that this "Update" has really messed some things up (from my perspective anyway). Hopefully some of these issues will get straightened out tomorrow. I would have thought that this would have been a simple upgrade, but as we have seen in the past nothing is as simple as it seems when it comes to waze :roll:

As I stated in another thread, I'm going to take a deep breath (and stop complaining) and see how this plays out. I know they are trying their best but for the life of me I can't figure out their thinking sometimes! :?
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual
razor2k

Postby txemt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:12 am

razor2k wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Okay...I posted this earlier, but can anyone figure out how the "Resolved" works? I flagged a couple in the Champs forum as Resolved earlier, but can't do it on newer posts. I wonder if they shut it off.

Jason, I'm not really sure what is working and what is not anymore. Seems that this "Update" has really messed some things up (from my perspective anyway). Hopefully some of these issues will get straightened out tomorrow. I would have thought that this would have been a simple upgrade, but as we have seen in the past nothing is as simple as it seems when it comes to waze :roll:

As I stated in another thread, I'm going to take a deep breath (and stop complaining) and see how this plays out. I know they are trying their best but for the life of me I can't figure out their thinking sometimes! :?

Let's get back to editing the map. :D
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby driving79 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:28 am

Can any of you see the thumbs up thing when using chrome? I can't. I have to go to *cringe* IE.
Rank 6 Champ
Southeast Regional Coordinator (AL, FL, GA)
Southeast Wiki - https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Southeast
driving79
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby twist3r » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:40 am

I am using Chrome 24.0.1312.57 m and I can see the thumbs up icon right after the "Quote" icon.
Country Manager Romania
Waze 3.9 - Android 5.0.2 OnePlusOne
Logo Waze România
Harta Waze România - Neoficial
ImageImage
https://www.facebook.com/TMTrafic
twist3r
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:31 am

twist3r wrote:I am using Chrome 24.0.1312.57 m and I can see the thumbs up icon right after the "Quote" icon.

Yeah, me too. You won't see it on your own post...only on other peoples' posts.
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby weeezer14 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:27 pm

I'm using Chrome Version 24.0.1312.57 on Mac OS 10.6.8 and I can NOT see the thumbs up even after force reloading the forum pages. :?:
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
weeezer14

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:36 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:I'm using Chrome Version 24.0.1312.57 on Mac OS 10.6.8 and I can NOT see the thumbs up even after force reloading the forum pages. :?:

Are you running the Forum Cleaner script (Timbones)? I can't see the thumbs up at work, but I can at home and that's the only difference (although disabling the script doesn't seem to help either).

EDIT: Okay, disabling all scripts and clearing cache does nothing to fix this. I don't get it.
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General