Thanks list

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Thanks list

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:09 pm

Here's the quick reply...I knew I'd seen it somewhere. It only seems to be enabled in Administrative forums though. I'll get it put on the list.

quickreply.jpg
(12.13 KiB) Downloaded 492 times
jasonh300

Postby enhket » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:26 am

the thumbs-up feature looks more like a fb-like bootleg thing than a thanks-list. A real thanks-list feature should be moderated by community managers (or country CMs, moderators, etc). I mean, anyone may request help to repair something which will take 1 hour to be fixed and whoever fixes it gets a "thanks" point from a moderator.

In my opinion, any feature which enables you to avoid reloading the page, would be great. For example:

- Quick-edit feature with ajax.
- some "last topic titles"/"new posts" list on the main page, so you dont go to main page and then click "new posts" and then click the thread.
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby txemt » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:15 am

I noticed this....

Since the change in the forum, I can't seem to find any AVAILABLE help requests in the US, now. It seems like there really is a "race" to see who can get the most "thanks."
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby GiorgioLontano » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:18 am

Quick reply would be most appreciated. :nod:

I admin a phpbb forum and I was happy to see the thanks feature implemented. It works better as a rep system than sheer amount of posts. Some might take it as a thank-you race but IMHO the system encourages good posting.

Now let's wait for that mobile skin and cool emoticons. :p
GiorgioLontano

Postby enhket » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:48 am

jasonh300 wrote:The only thing I see about the list is that it doesn't really provide any feedback about the content of the posts whatsoever. There are people who are going to thumbs up every post they read, and there are people who are never going to even think about hitting the thumbs up.

+1. they should add a "quick reply" feature and remove the thumbs-up thing.
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:50 pm

The only thing I see about the list is that it doesn't really provide any feedback about the content of the posts whatsoever. There are people who are going to thumbs up every post they read, and there are people who are never going to even think about hitting the thumbs up.
jasonh300

Postby razor2k » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:12 pm

txemt wrote:
razor2k wrote:Not sure about this new system of "thanking" a post. It seems as this would create a horse race of sorts and only the more popular posters would receive credit. This would discourage others from participating at all.

Just my 2 cents...

Giddy up!!! :)

...And they're off!!!

Thanks Toplist

enhket (17), houstonmg (13), txemt (7), cherianchris (7), shirlig (5), andrex77 (4), AlanOfTheBerg (4), maantje76 (4), xteejx (3), harling (3)
razor2k

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:31 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:Finally got it to show up. No scripts that impacted the forum, but I turned them all off anyway. Restarted Chrome. Restarted the computer. Did a force reload with the keyboard. Did a force reload from the menu bar. Did a right click and selected "Reload" from the context menu. Did a right click and selected "Reload" from the context menu while holding shift --- and we have a winner!

No idea if that last method was the key or if it just requires you to force reload over and over. :roll:

For me it seems that it just took a long time to display the little graphic.

On the main pages of the forum, where it has the Thank you lists and the little stars next to them, I couldn't see the stars either until the thumbsup appeared. I thought maybe the Cleaner Forum script or Adblock was keeping them from loading, but it wasn't.
jasonh300

Postby WeeeZer14 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:16 pm

Finally got it to show up. No scripts that impacted the forum, but I turned them all off anyway. Restarted Chrome. Restarted the computer. Did a force reload with the keyboard. Did a force reload from the menu bar. Did a right click and selected "Reload" from the context menu. Did a right click and selected "Reload" from the context menu while holding shift --- and we have a winner!

No idea if that last method was the key or if it just requires you to force reload over and over. :roll:
WeeeZer14

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:45 pm

And now I can see it. Don't know what I did though. :o
jasonh300

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General