Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by jasonh300
AndyPoms wrote:You can turn off the email option in your profile (I have for the express reason I'd rather get the PM than getting email from unknown users).
Yeah, I see that the option isn't in your profile. It just seems like that should be of by default.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Got Participated and Thanks in the old version of Taptatalk (1) for iOS. Looks a little different, but it works.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/jyn4i7tojfyql1 ... .40.00.jpg

As of last night, I noticed that Tapatalk was screwing up nested quotes if there was more than 2 or 3. Instead of just rejecting the post like the forum software does, it allowed it, but dropped a couple of the [quote...] tags and made it look like some of the quoted text was part of the new post.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
foxitrot wrote:
fvwazing wrote:
Timbones wrote:The lack of 'Participated' feed is particularly frustrating.
That, and I have a feeling that the "Favorite Subjects" (in Tapatalk) is somehow erratic - not all my participated threads become automatically favorites or so it seems.
Not only this, I'm regularly loosing some Favorites, even these I've already written into (e.g. the Android 3.6.0.0 thread, but also other ones) and/or already multiple times subscribed myself into.
Okay...this was supposed to be an example of the nested quote problem, but it seems to have gone away.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
kentsmith9 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:
foxitrot wrote: Not only this, I'm regularly loosing some Favorites, even these I've already written into (e.g. the Android 3.6.0.0 thread, but also other ones) and/or already multiple times subscribed myself into.
Okay...this was supposed to be an example of the nested quote problem, but it seems to have gone away.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
I noticed on the web interface the quotations are fine. I see in this post on tapatalk all the quotes are visible, but when I view jasonh300's post on tapatalk I only see the last quote level.
Yes. Tapatalk filters out all but the last level. I like that feature but all the levels come out when you try to quote.

(This one's going to be messed up.)

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
kentsmith9 wrote:So in Tapatalk you have to manually remove any quote nested more than 3 deep.
Yes, which really isn't the easiest thing to do.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
foxitrot wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:So in Tapatalk you have to manually remove any quote nested more than 3 deep.
You had to practise this anyway in web forum, as it was rejecting more than 3 quotes as well. (Not tried with the updated version.)
The problem is that tapatalk doesn't reject it. It lets the post go through and messes it up. On the web forum, it stops you from posting.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
One other thing that seems to have been swept under the rug...the dashboard stopped counting forum posts after the upgrade, so it's been frozen in time since February 17.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Tapatalk 1, in forum view, still doesn't correctly display the presence of new posts in several forums.

There's also the issue of the "Solved" function only appearing in certain forums...actually, I only remember seeing it in one of the administrative forums, as well as the "Quick Reply" function.

The "Solved" button may not be necessary all of the forums, but it would be handy in Unlock Request forums.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
vickimachado wrote:
enhket wrote: Databases are not synced. I guess that is why your forum password wont change if you change it on the dashboard (didnt change it the last time i tried) ;)
But I've always been able in the past to pick up a user name from the editing panel and find it in the forum database. Maybe it's just a matter of time for the databases to sync?
We've occasionally come across editors who don't have a forum account. I recently saw an editor who has been around for a couple of years but never had a forum account until a couple of months ago.

Normally, a forum account gets created when a new user starts using Waze, even if they never visit the forum or website. However, it seems that sometimes, it just doesn't happen. Nobody seems to be able to explain why.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
russblau wrote:Tapatalk was working for me until yesterday, but now forums won't refresh, and whenever I try to read a post I get "Network Error: please refresh"

This is Tapatalk 2 on iOS 6.

My only suggestion is to dump Tapatalk 2 and go back with Tapatalk 1. Sure 2 has all sorts of bells and whistles, but they don't work well on any forum. It's not just here.

Tapatalk 1 provides basic functionality to view and post in the forums, and its working 100% now. Tapatalk 2 was the worst $2.99 I have ever spent on an app. YMMV

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message