Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by jonv-uk
For the past week or so the forum is not displaying Smilies (emoji) correctly on Chrome
smilie 1.jpg
(2.93 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
jonv-uk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by Just_Matt
My forum timezone is incorrect. It's got me in Central Africa (UTC +2), and while I'm sure that's a great place to visit, I'm on Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5). When I try to change it and hit save, it fails and I see the message: "The language you specified is not valid."

Any ideas?
Just_Matt
Send a message

Post by jwe252
Same issue here. Seems [img] is disabled in the signature.
jwe252
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
jasonh300 wrote:No spam here either. The e-mails just stopped coming.
+1
Spam clear. No emails for inbox or forums I am following. Confirmed they are still marked as being followed.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
davipt wrote:I'm getting emails, but I've noticed the following: you'll receive an email from the forum thread, and if you don't click on the link, on the next new message you'll receive an email from the forum itself, stating no more mails will be sent for that thread. This is all ok, but I've seen cases where I didn't see the second email anywhere on my inbox, but did stop receiving updates from that thread. The thread was still marked as subscribed. Had to unsubscribe and resubscribe.

so
1. after two new messages, the forum stops sending emails
2. these two emails may get lost somewhere
3. a thread showing subscribed doesn't mean the forum didn't decide to give up.
Before the upgrade the forum emails came through as you described. Once you went to one of those forums and read the last post it seems to clear/reset the email tracking so you would get a new email for that thread after the next forum post.

Currently I am getting zero forum emails and zero PM emails, yet both are getting new messages.

I am trying a test on this forum thread. I cleared the tracking for this one and resubscribed. Maybe they all need to be reset. I will report back either way. For the missing PM emails, I will probably try the same thing to reset the desire for getting those notifications.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
kentsmith9 wrote:I am trying a test on this forum thread. I cleared the tracking for this one and resubscribed. Maybe they all need to be reset. I will report back either way. For the missing PM emails, I will probably try the same thing to reset the desire for getting those notifications.
Neither test resulted in any emails from the forums yet, so it definitely looks broken for at least some of us. Maybe it is just the www.waze.com/forum servers?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
jasonh300 wrote:I'm not having any problem on the iPhone with Tapatalk 1 with the exception of Participated not working at all (which is a pretty big problem).
Just noticed that same thing here on iPad.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
After nearly two weeks of no emails from the forums, I have received two this morning. Maybe whatever was broken is now fixed because I did not do anything different on those two than I did for any others.

(Edit: I am now getting many email so it all appears to be normal again.)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I was getting PMs from many people, but never saw an email. Or are you saying the email bug will now only clear after you get a PM?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message