Forum Problems

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Forum Problems

Postby davipt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:24 am

If the forum is now stable, it's time to get the email notifications fixed one and for all, something that is broken since day one.

When a topic has accents, the notification email is sent with a correct charset header, but the content is sent doubly-encoded, like this:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
"Mapas e edição de mapas" at "waze.com". This forum has received a new

edição is a double utf-8 encoding of edição, for example

idavi:~ bruno$ echo -e edi$'\xc3'$'\xa7'$'\xc3'$'\xa3'o | iconv -f iso-8859-1 -t utf-8
edição

C7A7=ç, C3A3=ã, both UTF-8. When converting those two pairs of UTF-8 from ISO to UTF8 the 4 characters appear. The typical western european special chars always reveal as a à followed by a strange sign.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:00 pm

I also discovered another case yesterday but now I'm curious if his account failed to be created or if there are people use different nicknames on the client and then it's impossible to discover the name.

Basically some guy sent me a private message on the client and because we have no way to reply, I went to the forum to reply to him.
A second case was a public chat that took me ages to find out to reply back (too many bubbles to search), but then I wasn't sure he got the reply because I wasn't seeing his avatar on the map, so I tried to use the forum.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:36 pm

Since today I have a new forum without name - hence unclickable - on top of the Portugal forum (f=59):
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-03-24 at 3.35.29 PM.png
(126.44 KiB) Downloaded 2291 times
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:53 pm

maantje76 wrote:If you click on the icon in the right side of the name that shows up as last post, you go to the thread where he posted. Then you can see which forum it is. I expect also some mess-up like we have in Belgium/Italy/Brasil and Ireland...

Code: Select all
Board index ‹ Country (Language) Forums ‹ Norway ‹ Portugal ‹ Anmode om opplåsing

Wow. But Portugal doesn't appear inside Norway AFAICS...
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm

aigarslv wrote:Just to add to Portugal taking over the World:

Board index ‹ Country (Language) Forums ‹ Portugal ‹ Latvia ‹ Atslēgšanas pieprasījumi
:D

Ohhh yeahhhh once half of the world was ours! And now look at the crap we're into.

Sent from my iTapatalk
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:06 pm

jasonh300 wrote:At the moment, I can't see the forums listing at all in Tapatalk. Just new and participated.

Via my iPhone 4S.

Worked for me but took almost one minute. I guess there are some infinite loops with Portugal having a ghost forum inside and other countries having Portugal. Kind of like the govmt public debt chaos. ;)

Sent from my iTapatalk
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:34 pm

jasonh300 wrote:Mine says "Loading Forum..." for about a minute and then it just comes up blank.

I'm not saying it should work for you, just that if there are really forums inside forums in dead loops its gonna be a problem for the client to read it.

In my case maybe it just gave up after the minute and shown a cached version. ;)
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Username reverted to temp ID, can you fix?

Postby davipt » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:38 pm

usa_6elo2ik1 wrote:Yesterday I successfully converted my temporary ID (usa_6elo2ik1) to CTGreybeard and was actually able to post with that ID. I had even set a signature and my time zone, etc.

Today when I post I am back to posting under the temporary ID and my signature and time zone reverted to the defaults.

As I can't change the username myself could someone change it to CTGreybeard for me? That is my Waze login and should be what shows on the BB.

Thanks!

Have you tried the "delete all board cookies" on the bottom of the forum page, and then log back in again with the new account?
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Ok this is getting out of control. Not only Portugal forum (at least) is complete screwed up, inside other countries, and with other countries inside, now I can't even find the map edit subforum.

Update: found it here:
Board index ‹ Country (Language) Forums ‹ Norway ‹ Edição do Mapa

Just look at the current tree:

Screen Shot 2013-04-02 at 7.25.42 PM.png
(91.33 KiB) Downloaded 3775 times
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:41 am

fvwazing wrote:
olestas wrote:Some parts of Latvian forums still are in Portugal...

This could have been a requirement of the European Union, to create mutual understanding between various countries! Now, if only more Portuguese spoke Latvian.... :-)

I'm wondering if this is all about all the east-europe people that came to Portugal looking for better jobs (but they already left a couple years ago as Portugal got way worse), so there are plenty of languages talked over here. Or this is about the public debt and the forums are trying to map who owns who and hence why Portugal is everywhere. :mrgreen:
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General