Foursquare checkins no longer an option?

Post by
Just started the new update (3.6.0.0) and my Foursquare checkin button has been replaced by a "closure" button. Am I missing something or is this no longer an option. This was my most often used feature on Waze!

POSTER_ID:1784528

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
By a pretty large margin, more users use Waze for traffic avoidance so adding Closure to the Report menu was more important for more users. It's been asked for for a very, very long time.

Check-ins aren't gone, as noted above. There is another way to check-in when you use Waze to route you to a destination.
IMG_0806.PNG
(13.91 KiB) Downloaded 5030 times
IMG_0807.PNG
(33.52 KiB) Downloaded 5029 times

Maybe if they finally get rid of the Camera report button (because 99% of drivers are clueless about what a traffic enforcement camera looks like anyway and the map is spammed with them every day), the 4sq button could return...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
iceprincess213 wrote:I'm quite unhappy with the "NO CHECK=IN"
Did you read anything? Check-in is still available, just not from the Report menu.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
porubcan wrote: it is possible to hide speedometer: settings - display - speedometer (checkbox)
Opposite problem: alerts cover the speedometer for the user.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I'll keep adding my vote for moving the damn camera button and putting 4sq back on the main menu. Camera spam on the map is too prevalent and that button is abused.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
manantunes wrote:If it does'n work anymore, why is foursquare button showing in the app at the present?
This topic is almost two years old (and refers to an older version of the app). In accordance with the Forum Rules please do not reopen topics that are more than six months old.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by annickdw
I'm still using 4SQ, and I'm glad I added a few of my regular spots in 4SQ... Because when I am configurating Waze to choose a destination, and I use the 'search' option, I see myself gliding one step to the left to the '4SQ' option, almost EVERY time... and what shows up: my known check-in points from 4SQ !!
SO EASY !! All my favourite spots (or a lot of them), easily accessible, easily addable... also the locations where I don't come that often... If I've been there, there is usually a FSQ check-in registrated, and those check-in points are exact locations for Waze (better than the street and housenumber), because 4SQ allowed me to locate (or correct) the exact location on a map... the Waze App has become more useful for me since I discovered that option (because the destination is exactly correct, not roughly estimated)

so I vote for an easily accessible 4SQ-button - 4SQ made Waze better than it allready is, so why not return a favor?
annickdw
Send a message

Post by calcnerd
I dislike this change as well. I never use the regular 4square app anymore. Please change this back to the way it used to be.
calcnerd
Send a message

Post by cherianchris
pimp_my_taco wrote:This feature never worked. I would go to my Foursquare account to find that in never recorded my check ins
Always worked for me. So much so that, I've uninstalled Foursquare. :grin:

Chris -> MB526 -> Tapatalk 2
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by darkneon
Yes this feature has been removed in the beta's prior to this official release. I too regret this decision by Waze as I used it more then 10 times a day.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk
darkneon
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
I can't believe people actually use waze to check in on Foursquare, it's a horrendous implementation!

And to the point you'd stop using waze without it? Come on! Seriously?
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status