Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by dmcconachie
Of course it's my opinion, such is the nature of a forum. And I understand the convenience of having the two services interlinked but the foursquare app is so much nicer than it was a year ago whereas the waze implementation is so basic. I guess it's more the users threatening to quit waze without it that I'm bemused at.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by DonJ2
I found this Update Request today on the map editor:

"I can't check into Foursquare on this new version".

I'm very disappointed with how Waze has handled this feature.
DonJ2
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Area Manager: Florida - Brevard, Lake, Osceola, Orange, Seminole, Volusia
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Verizon - Android 4.4.2

Post by DonJ2
WeeeZer14 wrote:
NotEd3k wrote:It's much less friendly to get to and keeps your eyes off the road longer.
If you are checking in, why do you need to have your eyes on the road??? You are at your destination if you are checking in, right?
Some users are trying to check in at waypoints, like fast food drive-thru, before they have reached their final destination. I do this everyday.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
DonJ2
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by DonJ2
WeeeZer14 wrote: If you are checking in, why do you need to have your eyes on the road??? You are at your destination if you are checking in, right?
DonJ2 wrote: Some users are trying to check in at waypoints, like fast food drive-thru, before they have reached their final destination. I do this everyday.
WeeeZer14 wrote: Okay, if you are in the drive-thru I still don't see an issue with taking your eyes off the road. I don't think any fast food establishment has gotten quick enough where you don't stop your car at least twice ;)
For me, the issue has nothing to do with taking my eyes off the road. One example use case... I set destination to "work", before reaching work, I go thru a McDonald's drive-thru for coffee and want to check in while waiting in the drive-thru line. It used to be easy, just select foursquare check in from the menu.

If I'm using navigation and want to check in at a "way point" before reaching my final destination, the only way I can now accomplish this is to send waze to the background, open the foursquare client, check in, exit foursquare, then restore waze to the foreground. It's a bigger hassle than it used to be.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
DonJ2
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by hendricksandtonic
Personally, I'd like a yelp AND foursquare button! :)
hendricksandtonic
Send a message

Post by IcePrincess213
I'm quite unhappy with the "NO CHECK=IN", my family & friends have battles using waze & also our check=ins. I sure hope waze reconsiders this button. Maybe they should offer a version with foursquare check in & one without. The programming is already in place for both. I love my waze but not happy with them at the moment.
IcePrincess213
Send a message

Post by jasonsf
In the beta, if you were using driving directions, the toolbar that showed at the top had a "social" icon that let you check in at the end of your route. I can't find how to check in on Foursquare if you are not using driving directions, though.

UPDATE: I just found the "My Friends" button in the main menu. Click it and you now see a Foursquare Check in button.
jasonsf
Send a message

Post by manantunes
If it does'n work anymore, why is foursquare button showing in the app at the present?
manantunes
Send a message

Post by Mr_GO_HERD
darkneon wrote:Yes this feature has been removed in the beta's prior to this official release. I too regret this decision by Waze as I used it more then 10 times a day.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk
I used it a lot. Now its annoying becuase i have to click out of Waze to click into FourSquare to checkin and then back out and back into Waze and on and on and on....
:cry:
Mr_GO_HERD
Send a message
Mapping from the plains of Illinois to the mountains of West Virginia!
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406 ... 146710.jpg

Post by Mr_GO_HERD
stonierocks wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:I can't believe people actually use waze to check in on Foursquare, it's a horrendous implementation!
That's your opinion.

I stopped using the regular Foursquare app long ago, mostly because i just forgot to use it. When I started using Waze, I started checking-in almost every time I went somewhere . Waze is usually already running on my phone when I arrive somewhere and the Foursquare check-in was so convenient. Now, not so much.

The "horrible implementation" is where the button is now. I very rarely use the route function. The other option is the "check-in" under "My friends > On The Way". Makes no sense to be placed there. I won't stop using Waze because of it. But I don't have to like it.
I rarely used FourSquare until I realized how easy it used to be to check into it using Waze. Thats when my FourSquare use picked up times 1,000! Ill have to check out the new way to do it, but I dont really use the navigation so it sounds like I am going ot have to go through a lot of steps when I could just click out of Waze and into Foursquare and check in and back to Waze even though thats more inconvenient than before.
Mr_GO_HERD
Send a message
Mapping from the plains of Illinois to the mountains of West Virginia!
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406 ... 146710.jpg