Road munching in a bus?

Post by akrij
I travel by bus sometimes. I wonder if I could keep the Waze App on during the ride and munch the roads as we drive along?

Within the city limits the bus will stop to bus stops quite often. Would the constant stopping of the bus screw up the data? Would I be causing more harm than good?
akrij

POSTER_ID:347770

Send a message

Post by Elgirts
Once again, and other good argument for a commuter mode in waze :)
Elgirts
Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by FrisbeeDog
Yeah, you'd be underestimating the speed of each segment you munch.
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina

Post by muchski
How about not only a commuter mode but a tutorial mode when you first launch app, kind of like when you first use Swype keyboard and you have a quick and easy walkthrough with a few pages you read and hit next. I think official direction from the higherups would help everyone use the app in a standardized way so that the maps are of same quality everywhere.

Useful things to mention, not recording a road over and over again (I did this at first, whoops :S and tried to name 10 parallel roads the same, haha this was before basemap and I cleaned it up nicely!)

Just another thought, I know there is more high priority stuff and I love being a part of this awesome evolution of waze!
muchski
Send a message
Area Manager - Winnipeg, Canada| Xperia X10 | HTC Desire

Post by RallyChris
Some data is better than none. So if the road is unmunched. Go for it. (as long as it's not like a bus only road). That will get us some speed information. Once it is in the system, then it won't be as useful, as it will lower the average speed down due to the bus stops.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by RallyChris
Elgirts wrote:Once again, and other good argument for a commuter mode in waze :)
Agreed. I love when people ask informative questions, but I can see tons of people that don't go to the forums not understanding what is going on. I see traffic alerts all the time downtown from what I believe to be a commuter train driver, as they are there all day. Would be nice, if the client had a clear mode for this, that people can stumble onto.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png