Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Call outs

Post by dannyskarka
Waze calls out all the turns but I notice only a few vocal call outs for "Police Ahead", "Heavy Traffic", "Accident" and so on. Is there a setting I am missing? The alert on the display appears, but no voice most times.

I also find it interesting that every GPS device from Waze to TomTom, Google and the built-in GPS of my Prius all have me take a very round-a-bout way from my house to the main road. Seem's everyone is using the same database or algorithm. Not a problem, but funny. :D
dannyskarka

POSTER_ID:11782189

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dannyskarka wrote:Waze calls out all the turns but I notice only a few vocal call outs for "Police Ahead", "Heavy Traffic", "Accident" and so on. Is there a setting I am missing? The alert on the display appears, but no voice most times.
It should alert for those verbally if the popup is appearing. You're sure you don't just have it muted sometimes?
dannyskarka wrote:I also find it interesting that every GPS device from Waze to TomTom, Google and the built-in GPS of my Prius all have me take a very round-a-bout way from my house to the main road. Seem's everyone is using the same database or algorithm. Not a problem, but funny. :D
Head over the the map editor and see if you can figure out why.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ