Post by PhantomSoul
Doesn't California already ban attaching anything to the windshield or otherwise mounting it in way that it would protrude over the profile of the windshield (except of course, for your rear view mirror)?

In all fairness, even glancing for a split-second at your "sub-windshield-mounted" phone screen, without taking your hands off the wheel or trying to dictate anything to the phone, is technically a distraction from driving. I don't know, however, how any court will practically ever be able to prove that a wreck was caused specifically because someone just glanced at their phone for a split second.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by razor2k
gohamstergo wrote:Correct on first point, can have screen on and doing its thing, but no touchy feely.

Second point doesn't matter since you have to touch SOMETHING to start the voice actions haha. California screws you either way, do even try to beat them, or they'll make anything you try to do illegal too.

This just in: California to Begin Charging Air-Fare. All gyms close, all marathons cancelled.
What's the old saying?..."As California goes...so does the rest of the Country"

Damn shame! :cry:
razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by razor2k
SocalToe wrote:Keep the phone below the windows and don't touch if a cop is around..............
We already do that in Florida! 8-)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by SillyGoat
Usually I am an advocate for safer roads and less distracted driving. However, using a GPS system like Waze actually increases my vigilance and attention on the road. I am on the lookout for hazards and traffic up ahead. I glance to my map to make sure every thing is okay, and it serves as a constant visual reminder of driving safely.
SillyGoat
Send a message
Come contribute to the San Diego Wazers group on Reddit!
http://www.reddit.com/r/SanDiegoWazers/

Post by SocalToe
Keep the phone below the windows and don't touch if a cop is around..............
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by Spil
Great, Cali did something stupid, guess what state's going to be stupid enough to do it next. :roll:
#GottaGetOuttaNY
:P
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by xd-data-ii
Well what's it saying? Seems to say that you can't pickup your phone and use it in your hand. That's reasonable.
And if you have it fixed to a mounting device on your dash is it ok to have it on and doing its thing ( you set what you want before you start driving)?
Or is it saying if you even look at the phone on this mounting device that would be a violation? And if your phone screen is lit up and on a dash mounting device is that a violation?
I guess cops will just make it up how they like (as usual).

So in waze setting your route before you drive is ok but pressing the screen to do any reports in the app is illegal.

Would like to see a far better, quicker and more advanced voice functions of waze then with lots more commands (even personal macro type ones).
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Waze just needs the buttons to be bigger and better use of screen area to quickly get rid of menus and pop up.
The share drive for example feature needs an option added of one click message/email etc to a set up favorite contact(s) or groups of contacts. It's dangerous and cumbersome the way it is and not many people will do this whilst vehicle is stationary. Also nice to have it (as an option) message people individually than as a message sent as a group text that everyone gets replies to.
A custom voice command for this would also be nice.
xd-data-ii
Send a message