Phone Re-Boots with calls

Post by Roadrex
I'm on Verizon ( CDMA) with a Droid Incredible and every time I receive or make a call while I am using WAZE my phone re-boots after a short period of time. Is there going to be a fix for this?
Roadrex

POSTER_ID:327572

Send a message

Post by FreeMan12
I too just noticed this a couple of days ago on my HTC Incredible. I'll get logs posted within a couple of days if more info will help.
FreeMan12
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana

Post by fvwazing
Maybe you should use "Droid"in the caption of your question, and maybe you could first ask if anyone else with comparable setup recognizes the behaviour? Bugs of that magnitude are hard to overlook.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by krankyd
hi roadrex and raven
we're aware of this issue and are working on fixing it. Our apologies for rebooting your phone so many times. if you have the chance to send us the debug logs, as described above, that could be very helpful

thanks
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by Raven129
I am having this problem as well on my HTC Evo. If I have Waze running and get a phone call, my phone will reboot after being on the phone for a couple minutes.
Raven129
Send a message

Post by rcocchiararo
i noticed that waze kind sucks for "multitasking" in android.

Doing something else with waze on the background tends to make it hang/force close, or even worze, freeze or reboot the phone (not THAT much on my ex motorola milestone).

Now i upgraded to a nexus one running 2.2 (i tried stock and many custom roms) and waze works kinda ok for the FIRST long trip after the ROM update, and then it starts rebooting my phone like crazy, its no longuer usable :(

im a heavy wazer here in argentina, and i am really missing waze with my new phone :(

(waze 1.9.0.0, and also tried the 1.9.0.101 or whatever the unreleased beta was)

i must have sent like 30 logs in the past 3 days due to the phone reboots by waze.
rcocchiararo
Send a message

Post by Roadrex
Too add to my previous post....at this point I am going to have to discontinue using Waze due to the above issues. The phone now either will not ring on an in-coming call or it will pick-up on the first ring then hang up followed shortly thereafter with the phone re-booting on me. I do not have these problems unless Waze is running. I am guessing this has something to due with Verizon being a CDMA network and not being able to have phone and data running at the same time. I hope future up-dates address this.
Roadrex
Send a message

Post by support
RoadRex wrote:I'm on Verizon ( CDMA) with a Droid Incredible and every time I receive or make a call while I am using WAZE my phone re-boots after a short period of time. Is there going to be a fix for this?
hi!

we want to check this bug - please turn on "debug mode", and send us the log file with a general description of the bug to alpha@waze.com .

how to turn on debug mode -

how to send log files -

thanks!

Ori
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message