Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Missing route in Dashboard

Post by Arjenschroe
I have driven a new road in Thailand, about 700km.

The road is still displayed in red on my mobile, but in "my dashboard" the route is still not displayed, while it is already 5 days ago.

Do I miss a setting, or is the system slow?

Regards, Aap
Arjenschroe

POSTER_ID:459353

Send a message

Post by Arjenschroe
on the first place there was nothing in my dashboard, so nothing to edit, secondly, when I close recording new roads I receive a message that it can take up to 24hours to see the route in your dashboard. I noticed it takes often a week, and even then a lot is missing. my guess is that the servers can not handle the traffic. I drive in Thailand, what is new for Waze, so most of my roads are new. but I gave up already.
thanks, Arjen
Arjenschroe
Send a message

Post by PeterG
support wrote: in order for you new road (700 km...respect! ;) ) to be embedded in map, you will have to edit the road.
How do you expect him to edit a road which - according to his post - doesn't show up in his dashboard?

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by SnackBarHarses
sometimes you need to wait a few days before your last routes appears in your dashboard. besides that, you have to wait a few minutes before the last tracks are loaded into your "my dashboard" page.
SnackBarHarses
Send a message
(een van de) Area manager driehoek Amersfoort-Soest-Utrecht
IPhone 3GS | twitter: https://twitter.com/vanwaik
Tips & Trucs voor editen map: Basis uitleg voor editen kaart | Checklist snelwegen in NL | Naamgeving wegen in NL |

Post by SnackBarHarses
I suggest you to send an email to support (alpha@waze.com) because this seems something the community cannot fix.

Keep on recording, maybe there is a solution :)
SnackBarHarses
Send a message
(een van de) Area manager driehoek Amersfoort-Soest-Utrecht
IPhone 3GS | twitter: https://twitter.com/vanwaik
Tips & Trucs voor editen map: Basis uitleg voor editen kaart | Checklist snelwegen in NL | Naamgeving wegen in NL |

Post by support
Arjenschroe wrote:I have driven a new road in Thailand, about 700km.

The road is still displayed in red on my mobile, but in "my dashboard" the route is still not displayed, while it is already 5 days ago.

Do I miss a setting, or is the system slow?

Regards, Aap

hi Aap!

in order for you new road (700 km...respect! ;) ) to be embedded in map, you will have to edit the road.
just take a look at this wiki article - http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Edit ... on_the_map

if you'll have any more questions, don't be shy - you can either post your questions here, or send an email to alpha@waze.com

cheers!

Ori
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
PeterG wrote:
support wrote: in order for you new road (700 km...respect! ;) ) to be embedded in map, you will have to edit the road.
How do you expect him to edit a road which - according to his post - doesn't show up in his dashboard?

Regards

Peter
I was wondering the same thing, but thought maybe I was missing something! O.o

Arjenschroe - I'm having the same problem, but I'm only missing 100 miles of roads in my dashboard. According to waze they have just magically "disappeared"... :roll:. I hope that isn't the case for you!
unwallflower
Send a message