Better route making

Post by schroeder13
Why can't it be like google maps was where you can click and drag the route to the roads you want? I really want to use waze but when its so hard to get a route to where you want to go I can't really see why I would want to on the iPad.

I wouldn't even care if you had to import from online after you made the route really but something on the actual ipad would be a plus.
schroeder13

POSTER_ID:377845

Send a message

Post by Elgirts
Perhaps, (an i am just guessing here), but maybe waze is only able to calculate the routes for about 150 miles right now in one stretch. However, I wonder if they implemented way-points, whether each way-point in itself would be considered a separate calculation and thus have the ability to surpass the 150 mile limit through multiple way-points if implemented.
Elgirts
Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by fvwazing
So... it is too hard to click twice, compared to click once and drag? Waze's real innovation is not in its userinterface, it is in the dynamics of its data. It takes time to appreciate that.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Google maps lets you pull your route anyway you want, it doesn't matter if that is a fast route, or a route blocked by traffic. Fine. I do not need Google for that.

If all you want is to get lost, I suggest you follow the white rabbit. (or google maps for that matter)

If you want an expert opinion on traffic conditions between A and B, ask Waze. Ah, but only if your part of the world has been sufficiently wazed. You can help in reaching that condition, just by running Waze while driving.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Ah, waypoints, why don't you say so? Your fine command of language completely misguided me there.
And luckily, I do not have to be smart; Waze refuses to generate trips longer than 150 miles.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
The 150 ( or is it 200?) mile-limit is artificial; Waze set it because of limited server-resources. Besides, as we know, it currently holds its promises best on short stretches - nothing like Berlin to Barcelona.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by robin1979
I would suggest you make a request to add waypoints on http://waze.uservoice.com/ . Developers are actually implementing lots of requests originating from there.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by schroeder13
All double tap does is zoom in on the iPad. Also I have gotten a drop down pin on the map but it has no interface to use as rerouting or anything. Right now you either accept the route from waze or your out of luck, you have no control on the route just the start and the end and once and a while you will get a second route.
schroeder13
Send a message

Post by schroeder13
I want to be able to build my route. Get the base route from waze and set 2 or 3 points along the way to stop at or drive past for that matter. When your driving 500 miles across the united states and you want to drive along a river for instance waze doesn't allow it, I have tried finding an iPad app that does but right now nothing has a full experience in route planning.

I am not looking to get lost and have been using paper maps since I was 7. I just want the option on my ipad to set in a final destination and 2 or 3 other spots to drive past like you can do on the computer or with a stand alone gps.

By the way if you were smart you would realize if you going over 200 miles usually a gps will not give you the best route hence its I portent to be able to move your route around the some of the road you want to drive on with the assistance of the gps software.

One more thing I am not looking for you to shoot down what should be something a gps software should include to give a full experience. I want the power to be able to choose the best route if I know a quicker way from a to b even in my area. Why should I need to dribe the long way to show the software its longer? Why can't I just program in my route?
schroeder13
Send a message

Post by schroeder13
One more thing it would seem you might be from Europe? Soory if your not but I did a quick search on your forum posts and saw a foreign language so I assume. Think about driving from Berlin to Barcelona or however you spell it. There are probably so many different routes to take, also what if you wanted to drive on a certain part of France where the Tour de France goes? Shouldn't this be an option on your way to the final destination without having to do multiple trips?
schroeder13
Send a message