San Diego County, California LOCAL DISCUSSION

Post by LarryGilbert
Herein is discussion local to San Diego County, including San Diego proper, National City, Chula Vista, Coronado, La Mesa, El Cajon, Santee, Poway, Del Mar, Encinitas, Escondido, Vista, Oceanside, Carlsbad, and any other localities I may have missed.

I'm a new area manager within the city of San Diego boundaries. But I'm seeing a lot of wide open spaces in our county unclaimed by any managers, and there's a lot of backlogged work to do! If you are somewhat experienced with waze and want to get more deeply involved, zoom to an area of the map you want to help manage, copy the SuperPermalink, e-mail it to alpha@waze.com, and volunteer to become an area manager.

Keep on wazin'.
LarryGilbert

POSTER_ID:498698

Send a message

Post by anthyz
I've decided to try and take a crack at it an area around me (La Mesa/Spring Valley). It appeals to the fixer in me. :D
anthyz
Send a message

Post by Elgirts
I just created a group for "Area Managers of Southern California" if you are interested.
Elgirts
Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by Gman65
I am interested, but need to learn how to fix the map.
Gman65
Send a message
T-Mobile HD2 Energy Leo 23569 Sense 2.5 Cookie Dinik Glass 6/11/10
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2
NRG EnergyROM 23547 Leo CookieMonster Edition 03/17/10
Gen Y DualBoot XDAndroid 2.01 03/01/10
Waze Beta 1.9.99.301 WVGA WinMo Touch

Post by kippy41
I just became AM for the Murrieta/Temecula area. I will head south as much as possible through Rainbow, Fallbrook, etc when I can.
kippy41
Send a message

Post by LarryGilbert
Please feel perfectly free to volunteer as an area manager anywhere in the city or the county, even in those areas marked as managed by me. I don't claim a monopoly on any area, and many hand make light work! :D
LarryGilbert
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Hey hey, someone else from San Diego!

I've considered becoming an area manager, but I think I'm going to hold off at this point. Just sort of waiting in the shadows until things become more stable and less... frustrating.

Great to see someone else from San Diego! I was starting to wonder if I was the only one. :lol:
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Gman65 wrote:I am interested, but need to learn how to fix the map.
Editing the map is easy once you get the hang of it! Have you checked out the wiki yet? You'll find lots of useful information there. :D

Okay, okay. Finally bit the bullet and requested AM permissions yesterday. They already emailed me back and granted them... woohoo!
unwallflower
Send a message