Newbie probs & q's - points missing, general behavior

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Missing Reports (was: Newbie probs & q's)

Postby ajhyman » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:46 am

I've searched both the FAQ and several forums (searched and browse) and I don't see a thread related to my problem. This closest is this thread so ...

I've reported several construction sites while driving around today. It seems to work, as a marker gets placed on the map, but a few minutes later, the marker is gone and there is no record of my report.

I'm not concerned about points, I'm just wondering why my reports disappear and whether or not it's worth the continued effort of flagging traffic problems.

Thanks
ajhyman

Re: Newbie probs & q's - points missing, general behavior

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed May 29, 2013 7:32 pm

1. Depends on the report type and if it gets thanked. It cannot be made permanent.
2. No, other than by adding a comment.
3. Log in to world. waze.com
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri May 31, 2013 7:16 pm

Borgsquirrel wrote:Ok, thanks. But why the world.waze.com, how should John Q User know/find that? Stupid IMHO.

Yeah, I don't know. It's not obvious unless one reads the documentation.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:55 pm

Sime87 wrote:Hi guys.
I'm a wazers of the italian forum and I also noticed the same problems(after few minutes the markers disappear). Is this a general problem?

If someone else marks it Not There, then it's gone. If it's a car stopped on shoulder, it could be gone in just 2 minutes. If it's a police, it could be gone in two minutes. If it's Rain, then it could be gone in two minutes. You're on your way down the road, so it's up to the wazers behind you to behave. Since you're not there, it's very difficult to prove that the hazard is still valid.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Sime87 wrote:In general I'm agree with you, if someone mark not There. But, regarding the traffic marker, in these past days I've noticed that just I reported the problem it remains on the map for only 2 second :shock:. Is this possible?

Possible? Yes. But unlikely. Hmmmm....

I know that we've had issues lately with wazers appearing in the app, and they actually will disappear as you pan the map on the app. I wonder if this happens to hazards, too? So that if you pan the map around, your report might appear/disappear.

Without access to the back-end to see what might be happening, I'm really just guessing at things.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:17 am

aripaul wrote:Hi,

I have a noobie question. I used waze and drove on a new highway and on a countryside road in a village, both not on the map of waze. i use the bulldozer to register them but when i sign in on waze on my laptop and wish to see my map it says i have no drives, no areas, nothing, so i cannot save my drive and contribute. I see them on my phone but not on the website on my laptop. I use a htc one v, with android and i just updated to the latest vesion of waze 3.7

is it that i did something wrong? is it the new version which i hear has issues? or.....?

Please make sure you are logging into the correct Server.
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby aripaul » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:06 am

Hi,

I have a noobie question. I used waze and drove on a new highway and on a countryside road in a village, both not on the map of waze. i use the bulldozer to register them but when i sign in on waze on my laptop and wish to see my map it says i have no drives, no areas, nothing, so i cannot save my drive and contribute. I see them on my phone but not on the website on my laptop. I use a htc one v, with android and i just updated to the latest vesion of waze 3.7

is it that i did something wrong? is it the new version which i hear has issues? or.....?
aripaul

Newbie probs & q's - points missing, general behavior

Postby Borgsquirrel » Wed May 29, 2013 8:17 am

I have a couple of n00b questions/issues. Tried the wiki and FAQ but not finding anything :(

* How long does a traffic report stay on waze? I have not seen a way to remove a report when the situation is no longer there. How can it be made long-term/permanent? For example a pot hole that will probably not be fixed for weeks or months.
* Is there a way to edit my own report to add more info later?
* The app show my points and that I have submitted live reports under "my waze" and "scorboard" but when login in to the same account on waze.com its shows 0 points... why?

TIA

Bengt, Sweden
Borgsquirrel

Postby Borgsquirrel » Thu May 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Ok, thanks. But why the world.waze.com, how should John Q User know/find that? Stupid IMHO.
Borgsquirrel

Postby Sime87 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:22 pm

ajhyman wrote:I've searched both the FAQ and several forums (searched and browse) and I don't see a thread related to my problem. This closest is this thread so ...

I've reported several construction sites while driving around today. It seems to work, as a marker gets placed on the map, but a few minutes later, the marker is gone and there is no record of my report.

I'm not concerned about points, I'm just wondering why my reports disappear and whether or not it's worth the continued effort of flagging traffic problems.

Thanks

Hi guys.
I'm a wazers of the italian forum and I also noticed the same problems(after few minutes the markers disappear). Is this a general problem?
Andrea
Iphone 5,iOS 6.1.4,Waze 3.7.2
AM Provincia Pavia e Alessandria
ImageImage Image↖Italian Docs
Tutto è relativo.Prendi un ultracentenario che rompe uno specchio:sarà ben lieto di sapere che ha ancora sette anni di disgrazie.
Sime87

Next

Return to Website, Community, General