Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by jaimevisser
Damn, opened a topic on this yesterday! People need to use search more!

I also opened a request on user voice so vote on it if you agree!
jaimevisser
Send a message
Area manager Oss, Heesch (Netherlands)
Samsung Galaxy S2 | Toyota Auris 1.8 HSD (white)

Post by northernpenguin
My only issue is that the recalculating action causes the app to miss cupcakes and / or road munching when I run on the iPhone.
northernpenguin
Send a message
Area Manager - Halton/Peel, Ontario, Canada
iPhone 4, BlackBerry Bold 9700
Toronto Area Geocacher, Ontario Trail Mapper

Post by northernpenguin
RallyChris wrote:
northernpenguin wrote:My only issue is that the recalculating action causes the app to miss cupcakes and / or road munching when I run on the iPhone.
The road may not appear munched, but the actual points from doing so are done when the server analyzes your route in post processing. If the GPS is not so far off, that post processing can't figure out what road you were on, you got the points.

The cupcakes issue, maybe so, but it has also been found that gps inaccuracy can cause missing cupcakes, even when the snap to function of the phone put's you over one.
My experience so far has been *every* time I turn to get a cupcake (or pumpkin/ghost) that's a block or two over from my current route, the recalc causes me to miss the goodie, 100% of the time. If I turn of the routing and go around the block again, I get the credit for the goodie.

Note this is taking place in rural areas, where the nearest road running parallel is a good 2 kilometers away.

My interim solution has been simply to not use Waze for automatic routing.
GPS is normally quite reliable for me ( within 5-10 metres) when geocaching - and I dashboard mount it so I'm quite certain it's not an accuracy issue. iPhone 4.
northernpenguin
Send a message
Area Manager - Halton/Peel, Ontario, Canada
iPhone 4, BlackBerry Bold 9700
Toronto Area Geocacher, Ontario Trail Mapper

Post by overnow
I've been having those same recalculating problems for months. I have an htc touch pro on uscc, running windows mobile, and none of my other GPS programs (Bing, Google Maps) have this problem. I've tried to reinstall the stock rom and that didn't fix anything.
overnow
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
northernpenguin wrote:My only issue is that the recalculating action causes the app to miss cupcakes and / or road munching when I run on the iPhone.
The road may not appear munched, but the actual points from doing so are done when the server analyzes your route in post processing. If the GPS is not so far off, that post processing can't figure out what road you were on, you got the points.

The cupcakes issue, maybe so, but it has also been found that gps inaccuracy can cause missing cupcakes, even when the snap to function of the phone put's you over one.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by RallyChris
jaimevisser wrote:Damn, opened a topic on this yesterday! People need to use search more!!
Note that the built in search on the forum is useless. The common word filter is on, and it's basically removed all the words anyone would search on. So unless people use the google search workaround
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Sear ... mmon_words they will have a hard time finding previous conversations.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by sketch
If it's possible to selectively make one sound not affect the music volume, I'd like that for the Recalculating sound. It's very nice to have for turn indications but not terribly important for recalculation.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by TheDane
Anyone else want the route recalculation sound toned down?

I find it extremely loud and obtrusive and thus it spoils my Waze experience (both phones so probably not a hardware issue).

When driving in (large city) rush hour traffic, traffic conditions may change quickly forcing a recalculation or I may frequently divert from the suggested route because I can visually see things Waze can't. I still want the routing as such - but also the ability to "override" by going off the suggested route for a couple of streets without constantly beeing defeaned by the recalculation tone...

What does everyone else think?
TheDane
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
im agree hehe and also how can i do to really "cancel" the navigation, when im using the navigation feature and if try to “stop it” I cant it just kepp telling me where to go! Hehe
Press the yellow/green bar at the very bottom of the screen while navigating. Then select "stop navigation". Voila... stopped.
BTW will be nice to just select a place on the map (touching the screen on my moto-droid) and say: take me here. Cuse right now if you don’t find the place your going on “address” or if you don’t have it on “favorites” you cant use the navigate to take you there even if you know the place of it on the map
Yes, you can. This is already a feature. Long press ON the street (it's very sensitive... you have to press ON the street exactly) that you want to navigate to, and then click "set as destination".
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by yorch_ve
Ayindi wrote:Just want to add that recalculating puts a big fat black sign above the map that it recalculates... (at least on Android) Great feature to block my view to the map when I actually need to find my direction manually... :D
im agree hehe :lol: and also how can i do to really "cancel" the navigation, when im using the navigation feature and if try to “stop it” I cant it just kepp telling me where to go! Hehe

BTW will be nice to just select a place on the map (touching the screen on my moto-droid) and say: take me here. Cuse right now if you don’t find the place your going on “address” or if you don’t have it on “favorites” you cant use the navigate to take you there even if you know the place of it on the map
yorch_ve
Send a message