Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by Walfred-Si
i want this icon
Walfred-Si
Send a message

Post by wavydaby
Not happy about this. Good bye awesome app, hello more crappy ads.
wavydaby
Send a message

Post by wazingwr
Congratulations to you all...
wazingwr
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Wazing with: Iphone 6S
Driving with: Kia C'eed
https://s.waze.tools/c3.png

Post by WeeeZer14
Thank you for the updates Shirli. And I think the biggest request we all have is to simply continue posts like this and keep the lines of communication open. When we don't hear anything we let our imagination fill in the blanks :lol:
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by xd-data-ii
Congrats.
Worrying and interesting at same time though. Really hoping the app is not changed or influenced by google. I don't know one person who uses google+ so don't want that added instead of Facebook. Would also not like to see my waze account linked to my google account.

Biggest concern -> I suppose all our activities and tracking through waze will be nicely packed up and sent on by google to the US government.
Can waze guarantee our activities and data is protected from google and its willful passing of user personal data to authorities with no business being in our business?
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by yasirjilani136
Hi,

Cong. form my side too. Its great news for all of you as you done an excellent work. Can you please also share what will be future of Waze ? Will it merge with Google Maps ?

Regards,
yasirjilani136
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by z00mb1e
Waze had some problem in my area, in West Midlands and recently noticed in Cornwall, UK the Google Maps had a better traffic information and the maps were better. My editor level got stuck on 3 cones as there is not much to edit in my area (plus some corrections I tried to do were rolled back by someone else) and when I tried to fix the maps in Cornwall my level was to low ;( and, from experience, if I'll ask to unlock the other user will make a correction and gain all the points, leaving me behind on mid level. And, frankly, I was switching between Google Maps, Copilot and Waze on my holidays due to incorrect maps (Waze), no mobile reception (Waze, Google) and... actually the Copilot was the best - no problem on the maps, no relay on mobile data (only for the traffic info). I'm really cures for where this Google+Waze mirage will end.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
z00mb1e
Send a message

Post by z00mb1e
sketch wrote:Copilot's maps are pretty awful in the US in my experience. And while it's good that they don't use any data, they also take up a lot of space on the phone.
I've tried few satnavs incl stand alone TomTom and have to admit the Copilot was never wrong with routing me trough the UK and polish country roads. Never been in the states so can't judge that but here my friend was driving me around airport in Liverpool using TomTom everywhere but not to the airport lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
z00mb1e
Send a message

Post by zappee
This really sucks.

Now Google will take the Waze-team and the data and "integrate" them into Google. Then they will close down the app and continue with Google Maps and everyone who is not using Android will not get the latest features.

So, can anyone recommend me a new navigation app?
zappee
Send a message

Post by zappee
xteejx wrote:Like many of Google's acquisitions Waze will probably stay as it is. It has its own brand and image and if anything Google would be really stupid to piss off people like editors that work for free and do a great job keeping everything fresh and correct.
Look at YouTube or Panoramio. They are now part of Google but they have barely changed, just integrated into the umbrella.
The outcome will most likely be more targeted advertising and the Waze traffic data pinched to use in Google Maps and navigation.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Well, that's because they didn't have any service like YT before. Waze is a direct competitor to Google Maps.
vickimachado wrote:You know, I kind of doubt they're going to do that. Why would they just get a bunch of people mad for no profitable purpose?
That's kind of how Google works. Just look at Sparrow, Wavii, Apture, PostRank, Aardvark and Jaiku just to mention some apps/services they bought and closed down after a couple of months/years.

They buy up great services and integrate them into to their own and then close down when they are done.
zappee
Send a message