Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by popel22
@massimo:
e.m.d.F.h !!!
popel22
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by popel22
Googles Office in Zürich, this early morning....
popel22
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Attachments

Post by popel22
after closing googles offices in zurich last monday, swiss police is now chasing shirli in raanana.....
popel22
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Attachments

Post by popel22
More of them : !!!!!!!
popel22
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by popel22
milkyway35 wrote:I think, What you seem forgotten is the main core of waze is GPS Nav and not speedcams alerts.

Waze is not iCoyote and iCoyote is not Waze

Speedcams is just an option in Waze

Waze say they are looking for a legal workaround. Just be patient, they're working on it.
What the HQ seem forgotten is that the main core of waze is its community and its just an option that we all spend time editing the maps.
popel22
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by popel22
milkyway35 wrote:Report police is not only for mobile speedcams.

With the police icon, you report policemen. They can control speed, or anything else. I dont think it could be forbiden in any country to say "hey there is a policemen here"
It is
popel22
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by popel22
countless URs here ...
"Missing speedcam"

Yes... I'm missing them tooooo....
popel22
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by rarebyte
My 2 cents.

I would like an option in Waze to disable speed camera ... warning and reporting... so we can have "plausible deniability". Or for people that want to obey their local laws 100% a way to do so.

In Belgium there have been court cases around this. The way it currently is, is that apps like Waze and Coyote can report police traps and mobile/fixed cameras. In Belgium this is considered the same as when you would call all of your friends to warn them about the location of the police, it's legal.

What is considered illegal in Belgium are those devices that actively detect radar signals.
rarebyte
Send a message

Post by RodNav
Interesting thread.
People try to argue in a legalistic way to prove their point that speedcam warnings are allowed. Yet the only people who need to receive the warnings are those who are busy breaking the law at that moment. Note, sometimes that 'law-breaking' is not deliberate - the few speeding fines I have had were almost all due to me not paying attention to my speed, rather than choosing to speed.
The way some people argue the point, it's like they're defending their right to not be caught breaking the law. That's a right I don't believe we should have. Even 'accidental' speeding is still going faster than other road users expect, and can lead to accidents due to misjudging of speed by other drivers.

But in terms of 'demanding' that waze immediately reverse the decision, forget it. They will only do that when they're sure it's legally ok for them to do it, and not because some users want it now. I'm sure they would rather loose some users than risk loosing a court case.

BTW, how many of those who said they would leave, have actually left yet?
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

Post by schloetzi
I want the speed cams back on WAZE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
schloetzi
Send a message