Removal of speed cameras following legal issues

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Removal of speed cameras following legal issues

Postby Snake68 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:04 am

Colonel667 wrote:Of course it's illegal here in Germany. ...

And again read the law:

§ 23 Absatz 1b der StVO: wrote:(1b) Dem Führer eines Kraftfahrzeuges ist es untersagt, ein technisches Gerät zu betreiben oder betriebsbereit
mitzuführen, das dafür bestimmt ist, Verkehrsüberwachungsmaßnahmen anzuzeigen oder zu stören. Das
gilt insbesondere für Geräte zur Störung oder Anzeige von Geschwindigkeitsmessungen (Radarwarn- oder
Laserstörgeräte).

The driver of a motor vehicle, it is forbidden to use a technical device or operational
carry, which is designed to display traffic control measures or disturbing. the
particularly products to malfunction or display of velocity measurements (radar warning or
Laserstörgeräte).

Alone, the driver commits an offense if he uses such a tool WHILE he drives on public roads.

There is no law that prohibits the sale or distribution of such tools.

Greetings
Snake68
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Camou893 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:47 am

Colonel667 wrote:Of course it's illegal here in Germany.

Read the law again. It's "of course" not clear, that it is illegal.
Camou893
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby McFloyd » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:20 am

Ok, even if you told me that I should sit down, I rise again.

Believe me, I do not want to hurt anyone in his honor. I did not want to ridicule your questions also. If I have hurt some of you, I am sorry and I ask you to forgive me!

But I can not understand why waze is attacked at this point so hard and asked again and again if legally everything is clear and checkt by waze (at least in Switzerland). So, I don't want to spit in your soup but i wish to understand what the problem really is...

And now I sit down again and keep my mouth shut.
McFloyd

Postby Mynios » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:08 am

top_gun_de wrote:Waze jas defined a way of structured communication in february, but there is no communication along these channels.

They forgot to mention that 'top community members' has to use NanoRep for the communication. :D

Irgendwas mit Tapatalk
Mynios
Map Editor - Level 6
Map Editor - Level 6

Postby top_gun_de » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:03 am

If you follow the thread, there is a lot of informaton on the local law - if Waze management had a lawyer for their initial action, they better find one with knowledge of the local law and law systems of the respective countries who can give them options.

This part has been discussed a lot - among the community.

Waze staff has obviously chosen not to answer the questions from the community, it has been five days since the last posting. Questions about the further plan of action (about proposals for further communication and about the reasoning behind the undefined "legal issues") have been unanswered.

Waze has defined a way of structured communication in february, but there is no communication along these channels.

Best regards,

Detlev

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD
Last edited by top_gun_de on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Scorp42 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:13 am

I think we all need to remember that any entity is going to do what their attorneys tell them to do. I hire attorneys because I am not one. I respect what they tell me, and I trust that they have my best interests in mind because they want to retain my business. Of course they are human, and make mistakes too.

I'm sure this decision wasn't taken lightly, and waze legal obviously feels it is in their best interest.

The only way you are likely to change their minds, is to show them their legal team is wrong.

Claiming that they are only hurting or offending the community, isn't going to change anyone's mind, as I'm sure they took 'community outrage' into consideration. Waze isn't stupid, they know very well that they wouldn't be where they are today, without us. They aren't deliberately trying to upset anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Scorp42

Postby Colonel667 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:49 am

Of course it's illegal here in Germany. Communes make deals with private companies to put up the static speed traps, and communes need the revenue they make from non-locals who get caught by those traps.

It's not political interest to warn people and make them slow down, it's political interest for communes to get some cash.
Colonel667

Postby argus-cronos » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Well said we don't need any education about the laws, we asked questions and we want answers and not people who repeat everything more than twice on three pages and describe our behaviour of asking questions as ridiculous.
argus-cronos

Postby top_gun_de » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:53 pm

I am sure that Argus addressed McFloyd ;-)
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:45 pm

argus-cronos wrote:There are people who never understand, but its a typical swiss behaviour to spit in the soup of ourselves.

???

I'm Swiss and speak primarily french, I also know english and can understand and speak italian rather well but fewer german.

I only posted a translation that I had done for myself of one post, so that anyone following this topic could read-on without having to waste time by going themselves to translators to understand everything when people post in other languages. I'm not sure what I misunderstood by doing that frankly.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General