Removal of speed cameras following legal issues

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Removal of speed cameras following legal issues

Postby Mynios » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:58 pm

This is Waze as you should know so no discussion please!
Mynios
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby McFloyd » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:13 am

top_gun_de wrote:Even in Switzerland, the law is not that unambiguous. We should restrict our counseling to our own law system. ;)

No, in Switzerland, the law is very clear! The new text is very clear and has no gaps! Please read this text of the law, since the first January 2013 also applies!

Art. 98a Abs. 1 Lit. a SVG
Warnings of traffic controls
1 fine shall be imposed on anyone who:
a device or devices that are intended to make the regulatory control of road traffic, interfere with or render ineffective, imports, advertises, passes, sold, or how to write or leaves, installs in vehicles, carries with it attached to them or used in any form;

Therefore, it is understandable: waze is more a device that warns of radar. has no other way in Switzerland than to delete all speed traps. In Germany, this may be different.

And another thing: who waze installed only because of the speed traps, maybe you should better change to the bike ...

Translated with google :roll:
regards Thias
McFloyd

Postby McFloyd » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:28 am

Mynios wrote:This is Waze as you should know so no discussion please!

And what's that supposed to mean? Does that mean that we can help you to edit the maps, but here to discuss such things are forbidden?

Please, we are here in the Switzerland forum and we Swiss are known for our need for harmony and the search for compromise ....

We Swiss are used to argue about our laws and the decisions of our politicians. Unlike in neighboring countries, the government in Switzerland is the people! So the people in Switzerland has the power to change the law. And that includes a proper Disksussion in advance.

This little swiss civics should help you better understand us Swiss. :geek:

Thias
McFloyd

Postby popel22 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:27 am

Googles Office in Zürich, this early morning....
Attachments
zurich.jpg
zurich.jpg (60.31 KiB) Viewed 7120 times
popel22
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby vince1612 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:01 pm

McFloyd wrote:Please, we are here in the Switzerland forum

I agree with everything you said above to that other guy, but this discussion is actually not in the Switzerland section, if you look above it's in the Board index ‹ Community ‹ Website, Community, General section. ;)

I wonder now if any person from the Waze team might take a few of the questions that were asked here and actually give us an answer or explanation. That would be nice.
Wiki & Forum : Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby fvwazing » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Cui bono?
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby pikifoo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:49 pm

popel22 wrote:Googles Office in Zürich, this early morning....

Poppel thank you, I laughed a lot ;)

I continue to find this damage off but I can understand the point of view of Waze to want to comply with the laws. Too bad, however, that all the countries where road safety camera warning is prohibited are not all in this off (I think of France, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Slovakia).

http://www.cecbelgique.be/20120702/aver ... s71831.pdf

So why only Denmark, Germany and Switzerland? These three countries have a lower penetration rate in other countries, is that the reason? Delete the radar in a country such as France can make a great prejudice to the application.
pikifoo
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby argus-cronos » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:15 pm

popel22 wrote:Googles Office in Zürich, this early morning....

Such things i wanna see every day! Thanks for sharing :lol:
argus-cronos
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby top_gun_de » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:21 pm

pikifoo wrote:So why only Denmark, Germany and Switzerland? These three countries have a lower penetration rate in other countries, is that the reason? Delete the radar in a country such as France can make a great prejudice to the application.

As always, I can only interpret the German law - here, it's not forbidden to make and distribute such an application. We have them by the dozen, together with dedicated gps-appliances and radar-detectors. Building and selling them is as legal as it is to make and sell steak-knives. There is only law regarding the way you use them.

It is legal to use a steak-knive for eating steaks, and it is legal to use gps-based cam-detectors as a passenger or for off-board reference. However, nobody thinks about preemptively stopping the production of steak-knives, although there are illegal use-cases.

Best regards,

Detlev
AM Region Hannover, CM Deutschland (Germany), Coordinator Germany, Global Champ

Wiki Deutschland | Straßen und Orte benennen D | Karte bearbeiten | Editorbedienung
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: AW: Removal of speed cameras following legal issues

Postby davipt » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:30 pm

wasserkatze11 wrote:As you can read here (in German) http://www.navi-magazin.de/grundlagen-w ... r-im-navi/
Gadgets who's only function it's to warn the user(s) are illegal. When the function is beside the functionality as a navigation-system (optional) then there was never an illegal action.

Thank you! I think this was the missing piece that made my German friends warn me to not even have Trapster installed in Germany, because Trapster is exclusively for radar detection.

On the other hand my rough German can't parse the whole text to reach a conclusion if a navigation software with a radar database is still legal or not. All I can read is that either the police ignores it (if you're stopped, I'm sure it's because you're at 200 at a 100 zone), or they will be nice and instead of destroying the iPhone, will just ask to remove the app.

So if the german layers can't give a concrete answer, how can Waze risk it?
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General