Can locate address but cannot navigate to it from location

Post by joachim_weyl
219 Trotting Park Rd. Montville, ME 04941 or at least Trotting Park Rd. is an address that is find-able by the app and the website but when you attempt to navigate there from say Boston the software says it can't get you there.

I ended up using google maps to get me there but then on the way home turned on the Waze app so it could track my progress. The website has my whole trip but I still can't route to this location from my location. is there a missing road chunk or something? is there an easy automated way to find out if so it is the only driven route on my list of drives for June 23rd 2013 if not how can this be fixed?

Thank you for your time.
joachim_weyl

POSTER_ID:15822269

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Joachim_Weyl wrote:oh, is that available on the play store or is it an .apk one would need to get from Waze directly?
It's not installable software, but is available only to specific testers.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by CBenson
I suspect this has to do with the fact that there are no major highways/freeways within 30 miles of Montville. For long distance routing waze looks to freeways and major highways. Waze has recognized that this is a problem and are working on solutions. (There is a beta routing engine that will return a route from Boston to Montville.)
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by joachim_weyl
oh, is that available on the play store or is it an .apk one would need to get from Waze directly?
joachim_weyl
Send a message

Post by joachim_weyl
oh, okay, I guess I will wait for that to be included :) do we know about how long it takes for Beta features to make it into the production version?
joachim_weyl
Send a message