Frustrated with lack of change

Post by leighjam
I've had my last route update on 9/1 with the last and ONLY route 9/2 (How can you update something on 9/1 from 9/2) and my points haven't been updated in over 24 hours.

Is the client even working? Am I missing something in how to make sure that my routes and points are to be updated. I can see places where I've munched the road on my phone but how does it get from the phone to my dashboard?

I'm very very frustrated it seems like it works but then I get home and a day later nothing.

It's a lot of fun to do the mapping but if it doesn't update in a day or so, why should I bother?

Yeah I frustrated and venting. For all I know in 15 minutes I could see the 100 points I got on my phone appear on my dashboard.
leighjam

POSTER_ID:721405

Send a message
Motorola Backflip GINtech Android 2.1
Area Manager For Weatherly

Post by fvwazing
Ah well, what we really need is a "Waze Server Status Page" or something similar, that could show at a glance what is happening inside the Waze-servers today. Go and vote for it on uservoice!
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by leighjam
Thanks for the replies, it was true by the time I woke up the next day, I had my routes and points and all was right.

However, my phone doesn't reflect the scoreboard. I assume that this also is the lag.

So maybe it would help if instead of saying 24-48 hours they should say 3 days to a week. That way expectations are lower and we can only be pleasantly surprised!

Thanks again! I've not lost the love for Waze just a bit of newbie frustrations!
leighjam
Send a message
Motorola Backflip GINtech Android 2.1
Area Manager For Weatherly

Post by unwallflower
It just doesn't update that fast. The servers are overloaded.

Your points will only update once every 24 hrs... IF you are lucky. Sometimes they don't update for 48. Once they didn't update for 2-3 weeks.

What's the point? Improving the maps to make waze more functional is the point. It would be nice if changes showed up right away, but if it takes 2 or 3 days it still ULTIMATELY fulfills the goal of making waze more functional. Instant gratification doesn't really make the changes any more important.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
I agree that it's frustrating. But honestly, my rank hasn't changed in 2 days. That's it. They've told us many many times that these things take 24-48 hrs to update.

I can see it being a real frustration when it hasn't updated in a week (or THREE, like it did once), but two days? Why be frustrated when waze is doing exactly what it says it will do?

I don't see two days turning away potential wazers because waze states that it may take that long for points to update. So really, things are just going according to schedule. How could people be turned away from a program that is just doing what it says it will do?

I believe they don't have points updating real-time because that would slow down the servers even MORE, and maybe then it would take even longer than 2 days! The map edit count used to update real-time, but they changed it to update when everything else updated because it was slowing things down.

Personally, I'd rather it take two days than have them try to implement something faster and get everything bogged down for weeks again. THAT would be frustrating. These things simply can't work real-time... so to answer your question, I think it's a lot more difficult than you think it is.

Don't worry. Your points WILL appear. It just doesn't happen right away.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
I agree that the wiki and FAQ are do not accurately reflect the wait times. I think that they USED to be accurate, once upon a time, before waze became so flooded with users. Now it seems they are struggling to keep up.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by Viking63ef
Am I the only one having problems with the map update and connections. It is very slow and sometimes I receive the error message saying that the server cant be reached. This getting so annoying that I am not able to really make any updates for a period of time.
I know my Internet connection is not really good (1 MB) but everything else is reasonably fast but waze.com is ridicolusly slow I would say.
Anyone else having this?
Viking63ef
Send a message
Eric
Area Manager Abu Dhabi, UAE

Post by zCougar
I see it a frustrating too. It is not a most important thing in waze but this simple thing (how complicated could be to keep scoreboard?) may easily give a any new user an impression tat waze is not very serious thing and not worth of time. I really hope that such small things will be addressed sooner than later.

--
Cougar
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Waze 4.83.5.1: Galaxy S21 5G | | Atom
CM@Estonia / WME beta tester / Android beta tester
PALUN LOE: Waze eestikeelne juhend wikis