New User experience

Post by tsh2
Some work is needed in this area, I feel. It is probably better for people in areas where the maps are more complete - but for me I need to use the website, not just the client.

As a new user, I am not interested in the back end server implications which mean that it takes some time (3 days so far) before anything updates other than my 'Waze Cookie Eater Meters:'. All I see is that the maps are incomplete, and the website 'doesn't work'.

Without knowing what is possible, what I would propose is either a countdown ticker on the dashboard saying 'now you have installed this, please forget about it and come back in X days time', or fast-track new registrations through the system in some way (maybe a 'home' edit location request).

Saying in the forums 'have patience, come back in 5 days' does not work - I've been there before with other user driven databases, and have been surprised to find the thing was still live (with my user ID still present) 5 years later when something else prompted me to go back.
tsh2

POSTER_ID:737119

Send a message

Post by gravejester
I totally agree with the OP. As a new user myself, I'm left with a feeling that this could be so much better.

I have recorded a few new roads, added a couple of house numbers and gotten myself a few points. I have been using Waze for a couple of weeks, but when I go to "My Dashboard" it still says that I have 0 points, and no new roads or anything..

Am I doing anything wrong?
gravejester
Send a message

Post by iKonixx
I'm sorry, but I'm not quite understanding what you mean. What, exactly, are you wanting to happen quickly? What I mean is, what are you being told to wait 3-5 days for?

If you mean map updates are taking 3-5 days and you want them quicker then I don't know what to tell you other than what everyone else has said. Be patient. It's just the way thing work with Waze. Maybe in the near future things will get faster.

Happy Wazing!
iKonixx
Send a message
iKonixx

Area Manager: Dallas/Fort Worth TX
iPhone 4
ikonixx [at] gmail [dot] com

Post by RallyChris
gravejester wrote:I totally agree with the OP. As a new user myself, I'm left with a feeling that this could be so much better.

I have recorded a few new roads, added a couple of house numbers and gotten myself a few points. I have been using Waze for a couple of weeks, but when I go to "My Dashboard" it still says that I have 0 points, and no new roads or anything..

Am I doing anything wrong?
For points, make sure you are looking at the correct site. When Waze was first released (outside of the Israel group) it was for North America only. Since then they have added the world.waze.com site to handle the rest of the world. Points will only show up on the appropriate server.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by tsh2
What I'm saying is that the very first experience that someone gets on trying to use the system is that it's all a bit broken. I thought that people might regard that as a problem, but it seems not.
tsh2
Send a message