[off-topic] GeoCaching

Post by zulujoydotcom
Just wondering, since everyone here has a GPS, how many out there are into Geocaching?

If you haven't heard of it: http://www.geocaching.com
zulujoydotcom

POSTER_ID:594786

Send a message

Post by EchoGeocacher
May have heard of it... :D
EchoGeocacher
Send a message
AustraliaNokia N97Area Manager for SE Metro, Victoria (Cranbourne & Frankston)

Post by majormajor42
been geocaching for a few years. now that I've had an android, my first smartphone, for less than a week, I'm exciting about a lot of these enhanced reality features. Wonder if I'll even use my handheld GPS much anymore. I downloaded a geocaching app. we'll see how it workes compared to the GPSr. a least I won't have to PQ as much. just be somewhere and find nearby caches on my phone. hope it is that easy.
majormajor42
Send a message

Post by northernpenguin
majormajor42 wrote:been geocaching for a few years. now that I've had an android, my first smartphone, for less than a week, I'm exciting about a lot of these enhanced reality features. Wonder if I'll even use my handheld GPS much anymore. I downloaded a geocaching app. we'll see how it workes compared to the GPSr. a least I won't have to PQ as much. just be somewhere and find nearby caches on my phone. hope it is that easy.
Strongly suggest you purchase the official Geocaching app. You'll get access to live data, including recent log entries (within seconds) and you can log right there from the cache.

I'm using the iPhone app (official one) and truth be told my Garmin Colorado is getting a lot more dust on it these days.
northernpenguin
Send a message
Area Manager - Halton/Peel, Ontario, Canada
iPhone 4, BlackBerry Bold 9700
Toronto Area Geocacher, Ontario Trail Mapper

Post by SuBinuWine
I used it once, but tha battery of my blackberry is to small
SuBinuWine
Send a message

Post by yellerzx3
I haven't been too active lately but was running around trying to find everything in the area when I first got a handheld GPS.
yellerzx3
Send a message

Post by zulujoydotcom
That's funny. :lol:
zulujoydotcom
Send a message

Post by zulujoydotcom
I'm up around 120 or so finds now. :o)
zulujoydotcom
Send a message

Post by zulujoydotcom
I have the iPhone app, and it is very easy and convenient. :)
zulujoydotcom
Send a message