No route in dashboard?

Post by amaret0
Hello,
I am "waze"-ing for more than 2 days, and there are no routes in my dashboard.
I want to edit and fix some errors in my routes, that's why I need that.

Please give any advice.

PS. My first route is from 30.10.2010.

Thanks in advance.

BR,
amaret0
amaret0

POSTER_ID:980750

Send a message

Post by amaret0
Thanks for welcomes guys/girls.
I feel I can addict too.

I read somewhere that uploading of my routes can take near ~24h....but my routes are 2-3 days ago...so I am worried.
I will read all from http://www.waze.com/wiki/

PS. I see alot of bugs, I hope the "idea" will be developed more and more, and be one better "service" for all of us :)

Thanks again.
amaret0
Send a message

Post by amaret0
BrutusNL,
yep, you have point :)
But I am not for the points and such :) I just need to be helpful with this.
I am glad that I can take advantage of traffic control with user interactions like Waze do :)

Oh, and If I have to wait 5-10 days, I will forget where I was, and what was the names of streets :)
Maybe new servers to handle with such delays?:)

BR,
amaret0
amaret0
Send a message

Post by amaret0
...one more day, still nothing in dashboard.
Soon I will travel alot, and will "track"/"pave" alot, but....this is pointeless if no track saved in my dashboard.

PS. When I turn off feature to "pave" the new roads, it says "(May Take 24 hrs.)
amaret0
Send a message

Post by amaret0
YES,
at last, i got some routes in my dashboard :) till 3 Nov...at least its not 10 days :)

Thanks all for reading me :)

Question: WHEN i make some changes to my routes, (as names and etc), when they are updated on my phone and to others?
amaret0
Send a message

Post by amaret0
Well...tried editing routes and stuff...
well, it seems very buggy and kinda confusing for me....

Tried to name a street...and the street make half circle (not in stright line), and have no chance to edit and make it stright...uh :(
It is still confusing....maybe when they make it more easy, I will edit alot..untill then, i will try ..and fail :)

BR,
amaret0
amaret0
Send a message

Post by BrutusNL
dmcconachie wrote:Unfortunately there are currently issues with the server and reports of delays are appearing!
What happened last week was even stranger...routes driven on oct 28 appeared in my archive and the dashboard said it had been updated until oct 26 :lol:
Anyway...a warm welcome to Waze from me too and indeed. Editing is very addictive :roll:
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by BrutusNL
Don't worry. I've been a Waze user for I can't remember how long. I also can't remember any routes being lost, but it has occasionally taken up to 10 days for them to appear. For 'newbies' this is strange, understandably. People want to see the fruits of their works preferably instantly on the client dashboard. However, Waze has been picking up across the globe and user amounts are rapidly increasing. The server can't really keep up, so it can take anywhere from 2 days to 5-7 days to process the info. Aside from users looking forward to getting their points, it is specifically annoying for us area managers that we sometimes have to wait several days for our edits to appear in the livemap/client. But once you get used to that....it is very much fun :ugeek:
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by BrutusNL
amaret0 wrote:Oh, and If I have to wait 5-10 days, I will forget where I was, and what was the names of streets :)
I don't know if you use an iPhone, but you can edit streetnames in the iPhone client (and maybe others too, but I don't have them). If you want to change the name, city or streettype in the client, just press the street and hold. A pin will be dropped and you can select properties. You can than type the name and what ever you want to change.
amaret0 wrote: Maybe new servers to handle with such delays?:)
Yes, that would be a good idea, or maybe some database tuning ;)
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by denarius
amaret0 wrote: Question: WHEN i make some changes to my routes, (as names and etc), when they are updated on my phone and to others?
It can take several days, just like routes appearing in your history. If you click on the "Live Map" above, you can see the last date it was updated. If you made your change before that update, it will show up on other peoples phones. However, in order for it to update on their (or your) phone, you need to either calculate a route that goes over that road, or go into "settings", "data usage", "Refresh map of my area" on your phone for it to get the latest tiles. It will also automatically update the tiles on all devices eventually, but it takes a week or so.
denarius
Send a message
Area Manager