Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Too many Forums...

Post by dingaling
Considering the fairly light number of Forum entries, there are way too many Forums to visit. As a result topics are repeated and spread across many locations. I see that the built in search s v/limited and doesn't really work, so why not condense/merge the Forums and have fewer.
dingaling

POSTER_ID:926655

Send a message
HTC G1 > HTC Desire HD. Silver A-Class. Shiney head.

Post by persunde
dingaling wrote:Considering the fairly light number of Forum entries, there are way too many Forums to visit. As a result topics are repeated and spread across many locations. I see that the built in search s v/limited and doesn't really work, so why not condense/merge the Forums and have fewer.
I agree.

And the quick links "View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics" are not very useful when most of the hits are in languages I do not understand.
Can I exclude certain forums from these quick links in some way?
persunde
Send a message
iPhone 4 | iOS 5.1 | Waze 3.1.0.0 | Crown | AM Stavanger, Norway

Post by RallyChris
What we need is
1) system status, which in theory is being worked on. So people can find out from a central source that something is wrong
2) More emphasis on the wiki, so people go there first, and maybe answer their question before coming here.
3) Install any one of the many phpbb forum mods to use google search instead of the broken default search.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by unwallflower
I disagree, actually. I think that the forum organization makes sense and prevents new, unread topics from being pushed off into oblivion too quickly.

Then again, I'm quite type A and like things organized nicely. :lol:
unwallflower
Send a message