Internal GPS for WAZE

Post by elboyero
Hi waze fans, I´m new here from Caracas, Venezuela, starting to use this wonder. My first question is if waze can be accesed with my phone´s internal GPS. Up to now when I use Waze the phone auto connect to my operator data network. Any advise will be appreciated.
elboyero

POSTER_ID:1014452

Send a message

Post by Atlas85
Has anybody actually succeeded in using Waze without dataconnection? When I do not make dataconnection, Waze shuts down. (which I only tried just because it could work, I have unlimited data on my cellular)
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by JAMBRAM
On my Samsung Omina WM6.1 phone, i have to go to settings, personal, phone, services, then select GPS, then change settings and select "location on", in order to get the GPS on the phone to connect.

I have been able to work in off-line mode for the past couple of months. i used to think, and i thought i read somewhere that if you exited waze without a data connection, all trip data was lost. Apparently with WM 2.0 it is not (not sure about earlier versions). I just start and exit the program when i need to. When i get to a wifi connection, i sometimes have to soft reboot, turn on wifi, establish a wifi connection through an internet browser then start waze to establish a data connection. Then i exit the program and my trip data is uploaded. Sometimes i have to use the USB connection between my phone and laptop in order to get the data connection, then exit to upload trip data.

I don't think "cookie munching" works this way, nor bonus goodies. i don't think my points for those items has changed since i had to give up my data plan.

Hope this helps.
JAMBRAM
Send a message
JAMBRAM/VOLWAZER
Waze 2.0.0.0
Samsung Omnia i910
WinMo 6.1, Stock Rom
2006 Dodge Ram MegaCab
Memphis, Tennessee

Post by waynemcdougall
Waze uses the internal gps for your location. It uses the data connection to download maps, get routes, get and send traffic reports. It is possible to use it without a data connection, but you Lise the realtime benefits. You would need to plan your route while you had s data connection. Eg wifi. That way the map gets downloaded in advance. But refitting, say if you go off route, will be poor or nonexistent without a data connection.

I hope that is clear?
waynemcdougall
Send a message
Waze User Manuals, Map Editing guide and support at http://www.waze.com/wiki
Wayne McDougall
Make Friends with me on Facebook and we'll compete against each other on the Scoreboard
http://www.facebook.com/wayne.w.mcdougall