Windows Phone 7

Post by
Are there any chances to get a windows phone 7 app for waze in the near future?
Couldn't search the forum for that, sorry :roll: .
Greetings from Switzerland :D

POSTER_ID:39078

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
They stated in the forum recently that WP7 is not on the roadmap at all right now.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
WP7 is now the 2nd-highest voted for request on uservoice. It's the only device-specific request in the top 15, but it's in there. (#15 is 'support retina display on the iPhone4', which shows Planned, but is actually already complete.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
psychomf5 wrote:Please make this...
Go vote for it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
frejos wrote:There is now a feedback request for porting Waze to Windows Phone 7. Please join me in voting for it: http://uservoice.com/a/6c2TC.
This is far and away the most-voted-for Client request on uservoice, having nearly 3x the votes of the next Client request. (Of course, anyone can vote under unlimited email addresses, so this vote count isn't necessarily a valid indicator of the number of actual voters. Yes, I know you can put three votes against any request, but one person could have put 100+ votes in easily.) However, clearly, there is strong support for WP7, which is why the status recently changed to "Not planned, but under consideration," which is different than we heard a couple months ago.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
flyfire wrote:Is it time to think about Windows Phone 8?
Is the market penetration of Windows Phone x big enough that Waze will actually see a benefit to their bottom line? The amount of money they spend on development must be less than the revenue generation potential.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AntLaC
jklier wrote:Good news on the horizon?

http://www.bgr.com/2011/07/12/microsoft ... pany-waze/
After that announcement I can't see how they can ignore WP7. I really enjoyed using Waze, even used it to just go around the corner ;) ... Now I can't use it at all and it kinda sucks because I'm doing more traveling now...
AntLaC
Send a message

Post by blackprince
I would really be disappointed to not have Waze once I upgrade to WP7. Waze is my favorite app on my 6.5WM phone and want to continue that love on my new phone.

I hear that WP7 is easier to code for than the other OS platforms so can it really be that or has the Microsoft hate that has permeated the iOS and Android crowd prevented the staff to get on this?
blackprince
Send a message
Central Okanagan, BC Area Manager
Wazing using my Samsung Omnia II (WP 6.5) and Ford Escape 2002

Post by Buzz9
And here is another fail for WinMo devices...
I am using WinMo 6.5, but microsoft stopped supporting / updating WinMo 6.5. That means no updates available for 6.5. And no waze for WinMo 7??

Android market grown with a 1000%, iPhone best smartphone of 2010. New releases of Symbian. WinMo isnt attractive anymore, looks like i can throw my phone away and get an iPhone or something :roll:
Buzz9
Send a message
Area Manager | Moerdijk [NL] to Loenhout [BE]
HTC HD2 | Toyota Yaris | 5642 Points (07-03-2011)

Post by chaser4life
That is really disappointing news. As there is no decent program yet for WP7. Would love to see Waze be the first. Have had the Focus for 10 hours now and absolutely love it. Except for the fact that I don't have Waze. :?
chaser4life
Send a message

Post by chaser4life
I think if there was enough hype for WP7 then it would be worth building out Waze for it. As it is, 2 days after launch, it''s probably not worth it to them to dedicate resources to it. And it is a completely different os from WinMo 6.x. I wish I knew more about coding. I'd love to port it over for WP7. I'm just not that good at it.
chaser4life
Send a message