Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Suggest Waze adds "Speeder/reckless driver spotted" tag

Post by ZippyPinhead
I love Waze but I expect the police don't. On today's 150 mile trip, Waze accurately notified me of at least a half-dozen.

Why not make the app "cop-friendly" and add a HUGE safety component as well with a "Speeder Report?" I had a guy blow by me at 100 MPH. Adding this feature would be like putting thousands of pairs of eyes on the roads.
ZippyPinhead

POSTER_ID:16831022

Send a message

Post by iFr4g
Speeder Report? That's the job of CCTV/Speed Cameras and highway police, not Waze.
iFr4g
Send a message
Wazer of Fall River, MA, USA

Post by omba_de
So let's do some thinking on that (btw... You've posted this in the wrong section...)
The rude driver had let's say, 100mp/h.
When you try to post those rude drivers... You'll need 4 seconds to report (when you're quite fast) in those 4secs he leaves ~680ft. behind him. Thats in 15 mins (that's the time a report will last) 153.000ft or 29 mi. (There's some calculation mismatch. Must be 25mi. - I was converting from metric to US :) but that not important. I guess you got my point)
Question: Does it really make sense to report that?
;)
omba_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/0/00/AtericSig.png

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert