Where are Waze Servers?

Post by lance-tek
I am just curious where the waze servers actually reside? I am not sure at all of it is EU or US? Either way, I am trying to find the timezone the servers sit in. Or, Are the servers spanned in different areas and if so what areas?

I am sure it isn't a wooden rack in grandma's basement next to the canned beets and green beans offset by the clothes drying rack but, really I am curious as to Where's Waze?

Thanks,

-lance
lance-tek

POSTER_ID:89767

Send a message
Wazing with my Motorolla Droid 2 Global and my BlackBerry Storm (D2G is better though)

Post by addrian20
I think the main timezone/clock is in Israel, but the servers are VPS'es bought from the Amazon cloud.

This is pure guessing and intuition, based on some clues and a bit of experience.
addrian20
Send a message
Area Manager for Constanta, Romania

Post by alphatauri
I think they must be located somewhere in US, I can bet it ;) Updates are when I'm usually fast asleep, so it must be US.
alphatauri
Send a message

Post by Atlas85
alphatauri wrote:I think they must be located somewhere in US, I can bet it ;) Updates are when I'm usually fast asleep, so it must be US.
Indeed: most of the days it updates at my local 8am, so 2am US-east coast time. That is, if there is an update at all (not seen since Nov-11;-))
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
Every time grandma plugs in the vacuumcleaner, Waze goes down.

Good thing we have a sort of statuspage now:

http://status.waze.com
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Lol takes a lot of cooling!
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by lance-tek
Atlas85 wrote:...That is, if there is an update at all (not seen since Nov-11;-))
Yeah, that seems to be what gets me the most... the daily update doesn't really seem to be daily (or EVER for long routes)...

-lance
lance-tek
Send a message
Wazing with my Motorolla Droid 2 Global and my BlackBerry Storm (D2G is better though)

Post by lance-tek
Atlas85 wrote:...That is, if there is an update at all (not seen since Nov-11;-))
Yeah, that seems to be what gets me the most... the daily update doesn't really seem to be daily (or EVER for long routes)...

-lance
lance-tek
Send a message

Post by robin1979
Servers are located on Venus, Venusian days take about 5830 hours.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by WeeeZer14
According to whois information, the server location is: Washington - Seattle - Amazon.com Inc
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator