*OFFTOPIC* iPhone locator app?

Post by BrutusNL
Any suggestions for iPhone apps that can help me locatie my gf's iPhone4? It's not to spy on her, but she doesn't have a carkit and when I want to ask her if she's anywhere near our home (e.g. because dinner is almost ready), she cannot call of text me and an app to have the iPhone tell me where she is, would be helpful. It's no problem if it's visible to her that I check her location, so really, no spying there :) .

Preferably it doesn't use GPS, but an approximate location based on cell towers, no subscription fee and no jailbreak necessary.

Any thoughts?

*EDIT* And Waze is no option FOR THIS PURPOSE, because so many people use it in my area, that it would take ages to find out which Wazer is her on the map :)
BrutusNL

POSTER_ID:118908

Send a message

Post by addrian20
Glympse is the most obvious solution, but it's developed mostly for gps. Cell tower info is useful only for trips between cities anyway.

Then there's Google Latitude, but that is on the "google is evil" list.
addrian20
Send a message
Area Manager for Constanta, Romania

Post by BrutusNL
Thanks, i'll give it a go. Only downside is, she has to actively enable location sharing, and I would like to be able to ask her (iPhone) where it's at. Some colleague mentioned HeyWAY, so that's on the list too. That's an app I can send a push notification to, so she can share her location with just two taps. I'll report my findings and other suggestions are welcome off course.
BrutusNL
Send a message