Can other Waze users track my location?

Post by The-Outlier
As I'm driving I occasionally come across a symbol that looks to be the Waze character symbol and it is colored purple. When I hover the cursor above it, it says "anonymous, joined 2 months ago". And then something to the effect that the user has disabled Ping. Is this the location of a fellow Waze user? If it is, is that their location at that exact time?

Does this mean that other Waze users are able to track where I am? If so, does it track whenever I have Waze running or does it track at all times whenever my phone is on? Is there a way to disable being tracked?
The-Outlier

POSTER_ID:1176033

Send a message

sandjaja
Send a message
iPad 3G user for tracking
Area Manager for Samarinda, Balikpapan, Surabaya and surrounding areas

Post by The-Outlier
Thank-you for the info. If I choose to be able to be seen by other Waze users, will they be able to see me whenever the Waze app is running or whenever my phone is on (regardless of whether or not Waze is running)?

Also, what does it mean to be "Pinged"?
The-Outlier
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Cre8tor wrote:Thank-you for the info. If I choose to be able to be seen by other Waze users, will they be able to see me whenever the Waze app is running or whenever my phone is on (regardless of whether or not Waze is running)?

Also, what does it mean to be "Pinged"?
They will only be able to see you when Waze is running. They will not be able to see you if your phone is on but Waze is not running, don't worry. And remember that it doesn't update the map with your real-time location.

"Pings" are basically directed chit chats. If someone pings you, they type in a message directed to you and it will show up on your screen (again, only if waze is running).
unwallflower
Send a message