bad directions

Post by skwipp
This morning I was travelling from West Palm Beach to Miami International Airport. I asked Waze to lead me to Miami International Airport. The directions I received took me to the Cargo terminals on the opposite of the airport from the passenger terminals. The confusion almost made me miss my plane. I hope this is just a glitch and no one else is misled. :evil:
skwipp

POSTER_ID:16855594

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
This is covered in Item #27 of the Waze FAQ.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by laurengibbons
I have also noticed waze taking inconvenient routes... Like directing you off the highway, onto back roads, and then back onto the highway. From what I saw, no heavy traffic was reported either. :?
laurengibbons
Send a message

Post by slandrum
skwipp wrote:This morning I was travelling from West Palm Beach to Miami International Airport. I asked Waze to lead me to Miami International Airport. The directions I received took me to the Cargo terminals on the opposite of the airport from the passenger terminals. The confusion almost made me miss my plane. I hope this is just a glitch and no one else is misled. :evil:
When navigating to any airport, you should try to search for terminals at the airport. Some airports have many terminals that aren't necessarily close together, so you'll want to specify the terminal if necessary. Or search for rental car dropoff, or long term parking, or wherever you need to go at the airport.

Usually the point location for just the airport itself is not near passenger terminals, and you can get really bad routing advice. Major airports are really large and there are a lot of possible destinations in them.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png