Zerstoiber! Stop it!

Post by robin1979
Dude, stop flooding the map with 100's of 'Hi' chitchats..

Thank you!
robin1979

POSTER_ID:8677

Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by unwallflower
fvwazing wrote: As a compromise: LESS points for chitchat and ping, or only points for REPLIES on chitchat and ping (so that real conversations still bring points). However, that could invite spammers to chitchat among themselves...
Yeah, I think there would be problems with allowing points for just replies too. There was one user in my area that replied "thx" to every single report. Police trap, hazard, traffic, you name it. San Diego isn't huge, but it also isn't small by any means (so obviously there was no way this user was actually driving in all those areas and REALLY thanking the reporter for helping them out).

One day I saw someone tell them to knock it off in a reply, and I haven't seen them spamming since.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by the1who
michugana is pinging anything and everything here locally in the KC area. We need relevance and essence without having someone leeching on other people's work. I found this essentially by searching google with the user name because I have noticed it not only to my reports as replies but across the live map as I am viewing right now. It is an annoyance at the time, beneficial for those with real intent, but this is simply spam that isn't tolerated in e-mails for most people, I think it shouldn't be tolerated here to keep the community healthy and to not be an annoyance to the new wazers.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100

Post by stiab3
That's true. Because very often I could easily add more detail a bit later.

Even sometimes when I do report something, it gets the location wrong anyway.

s3
stiab3
Send a message
. . . still a long waze to go.
Area Manager - South Lakeland

Post by stiab3
Maybe it's just me. . . but driving and typing is not one of my skills. I guess if you have (or are) a passenger you could be sociable and report every minor skirmish.

I'd love to report a lot of things. Passed 3 accidents on my way to work one morning. . . or if there's fog, or icy roads, or one lane of the motorway closed. But these are the exact conditions where you need your eyes on the road and both hands driving. . . so I rarely report anything.

s3
stiab3
Send a message
. . . still a long waze to go.
Area Manager - South Lakeland

Post by Seasider
Boys and girls, gotta say, that in Lancashire there is a ' hard core' group of Wazers that regularly ping each other and report on traffic and road conditions, as well as accidents and incidents, it's incredibly useful and the current beta version of waze on android has made the whole reporting process a lot easier, especially being able to record a voice report.

Pinging has even saved a life imho, as I was pinged about an accident on the motorway by another user and was able to respond to it 10 minutes before the report came to me from our control room, thus meaning we got there and were able to free the driver and arrange an ambulance for him 10 minutes faster than we would otherwise have been able to.

I agree tho that random hi's are just plain annoying, but I will always respond to a genuine ping (and if I can't then my passenger does it for me)

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
Seasider
Send a message
Seasider

Sometimes, the light at the end of the tunnel, is just a train coming the other way!!!

Client - Samsung Galaxy S3 - Jellybean
AM - Lancs UK (most of)
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Seasider1972
Emyther - waze.map.update.lancs@gmail.com

Post by Rsammon4281
unwallflower wrote:If you get rid of pings you'll have to stop calling it "social" navigation and start calling it crowd-sourced navigation.

That's what I was saying! I think they just need to take the points away all together..........as far as I'm concerned if theres anything that needs reported it doesn't belong in a chit chat anyways. I'm sure they attached the points to chit-chats to encourage people to be social, but like anything else in this world, if it's out there, people will find a way to abuse it.......
Rsammon4281
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Making GPS easier for YOU, one segment at a time......

Southern Ontario Area Manager
1999 Chevrolet Cavalier and 2006 Freightliner Columbia
Blackberry Torch 9800

Post by Rsammon4281
no, you're right, its not like twitter or facebook. Those are both to maintain current relationships. This is more of a way to foster new ones, IMO.
Rsammon4281
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Blackberry Torch 9800

Post by Rsammon4281
dmcconachie wrote:No points for chit chats at all. They have little, if any, value!

I agree with the points, but I don't know if i'd go as far as the value. Don't forget, this is a SOCIAL GPS app, and the Pings are the only TRUE social aspect of the app. I think they're great, but i'm tired of taking the time to respond to people when they never have any intention of looking at the response, they just want the "+6" to show up........

What kills me about all of this is..........what do the points even really MEAN? in the grand scheme of things, it's all fun and games.......
Rsammon4281
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Blackberry Torch 9800

Post by Rsammon4281
I've gotta a few random ones from people no where near me lately (not this guy) and i noticed they all had one thing in common.........gold. Clearly this is how these people are getting their points........i really think the system needs to be changed so chitchats don't get the user points.......
Rsammon4281
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Blackberry Torch 9800