Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Just joined

Post by jsatrape
Hi, I just joined the Waze community yesterday, and I've already been looking for excuses to drive around. This software really has great potential, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.
:D
Josh
jsatrape

POSTER_ID:1365

Send a message

Post by burlesml
Hi Wazers! I just joined today and I'm LOVING it!!!! :D Am very competitive, so I'll probably be wasting a lot of gas to boost my points. ;)
burlesml
Send a message

Post by CrzRsn
Hey guys! I'm new here, but instead of making a new thread, I'm just going to post here (to make this into a welcome new members thread of sorts). I'm excited to start helping out (and gaining points), especially since I like to take a different route home from work every day (I've got about 13 different routes so far)

I just installed Waze on my iPhone, and I love it.

1. The turn-by-turn directions are great, and due to the price, couldn't be better.
2. The concept of active traffic/police notification is A+
3. The pac-man thing with new roads is hilarious :lol:

Thanks guys! Great job and keep it up!

Posted a link to here on the other forum I go to (forums.finalgear.com). Hopefully we'll see come more people come over.
CrzRsn
Send a message

Post by dopik
I have just installed yesterday on my 3GS and i think this software has lots of possibility.

However, i do not know whether it has some bugs or I don;t know how to use it.

How for example, do I enter a destination?

Thanks
dopik
Send a message

Post by FTBoomer
Since this has been deemed the Intro yourself thread, here I am. Just downloaded on 3GS. Haven t driven around yet but driving from Tampa to Miami tomorrow so I'll have a chance to try it out.
FTBoomer
Send a message
https://www.ssbn640.com/neowinsig.jpg
Area Manager - Florida
iPhone 4

Post by joshh
Hello fellow wazers,

I've been using this app on my iPhone 3G for the past week now and I am extremely happy with it. Sure, some of the routings have been questionable, but once I went onto the map and checked out the roads, I quickly discovered the issue. On most of the roads I traveled on, in at least 1 spot, there was a road segment that either had a "No Entrance" or One-Way attribute. Thus the routing was throwing it onto side roads to go around these "rogue" streets. Since my area (Indianapolis/Noblesville/Anderson) seems to be pretty devoid of dedicated users at the moment, I decided to become the area manager for the metropolitan area to begin the arduous, but necessary task of fixing broken routes and adding new ones, as well as helping make this program a much better system. You can't go wrong with free, crowd-sourced turn-by-turn navigation apps...especially on the iPhone.

I look forward to talking with you all as this exciting venture gains more users and gets better.

Josh
joshh
Send a message
Area Manager: Indianapolis Metropolitan Area
iPhone 3G - 8GB Black - 3.1.3 - Jailbroken
iPhone App beta tester

Post by kasrhp
Pleasure to have ya!!
kasrhp
Send a message

Post by kasrhp
There is a strange competitiveness from this. Im heading to GA in a couple weeks, so Ill enjoy the Waze munchin all the way up!
kasrhp
Send a message

Post by krankyd
Welcome Josh!

Did you go over the guided tour (on the website) to see some more of what you can do with waze?
If you want to learn more about using waze to map new roads and edit existing ones, I can send you more information... let me know

Dror
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by krankyd
thanks & welcome CrzRsn!
Spread the word - more drivers mean better maps and traffic!
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane