Just joined

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Just joined

Postby raredirt » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:41 pm

Well since this appears to be the welcome on board/new user thread. I will keep it going.

Picked up the app yesterday (8/1//09) via the Ismashphone folks I follow on twitter.

Being that I work in a metro area but commute from the boonies (no 3g, limited Edge, not uncommon here in Kansas) I was skeptical of how it would work. In my commute home yesterday and my commute in this morning. I am happy to say the map is looking pretty solid and Waze did pretty good. The app is great and I think has a lot of great potential.

Anyway hello to all and I look forward to contributing to the "Waze of the road" as best I can.
Area manager: Entire state of Kansas
Samsung Galaxy S4
Chrysler Sebring

ImageImage
raredirt

Postby joshh » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:33 am

Hello fellow wazers,

I've been using this app on my iPhone 3G for the past week now and I am extremely happy with it. Sure, some of the routings have been questionable, but once I went onto the map and checked out the roads, I quickly discovered the issue. On most of the roads I traveled on, in at least 1 spot, there was a road segment that either had a "No Entrance" or One-Way attribute. Thus the routing was throwing it onto side roads to go around these "rogue" streets. Since my area (Indianapolis/Noblesville/Anderson) seems to be pretty devoid of dedicated users at the moment, I decided to become the area manager for the metropolitan area to begin the arduous, but necessary task of fixing broken routes and adding new ones, as well as helping make this program a much better system. You can't go wrong with free, crowd-sourced turn-by-turn navigation apps...especially on the iPhone.

I look forward to talking with you all as this exciting venture gains more users and gets better.

Josh
Area Manager: Indianapolis Metropolitan Area
iPhone 3G - 8GB Black - 3.1.3 - Jailbroken
iPhone App beta tester
joshh

Postby KW33D » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:18 am

Joshh, I know how you feel. I have only seen a couple other Wazers in Houston and I have been swamped with trying to fix the roads. It doesn't help that I-10 was expanded to over double it's previous capacity but the maps are still of the old interstate. It took me about an hour to create a 30 miles streach of tollway that has only existed for a couple years now.

We are going to look back on this in a year and smile 8-)

Galaxy Note Edge
-KW33D-
KW33D
Map Raider
Map Raider

Previous

Return to Website, Community, General