Remote control support

Post by world_60fcpu35
Is there Waze support for input commands that are not generated from the touch screen ?
I would love to use a Bluetooth remote control (e.g. Satechi Bluetooth Smart Pointer) to select / input commands on pop ups such as traffic alerts.
world_60fcpu35

POSTER_ID:16879688

Send a message

Post by dbmazi
There is an Indiegogo projects that may address this topic: AppYourCar
dbmazi
Send a message

Post by rspaulding45
I am using Waze on a Samsung Galaxy 3 with a Blueant headset. I love your remote control idea. I can hear the voice narration while I am driving but I'd love nothing else but for it to be in listen mode so I could give commands on the fly. A remote control type option would be sweet. I used to use VZ Navigator (saved myself $10 a month). Switched to Google Maps but their traffic and community is non-existent. I love Waze! I vote for a remote control option as well.
rspaulding45
Send a message

Post by world_60fcpu35
The newly announced CarPlay technology (Apple) may bring some enhancements to the way in which we interact with our phones in the car.
However, from what I read so far, CarPlay relies on the touch screen interface of the car manufacturer's proprietary info-system (embedded into the dash board).
Although this is a convenient input device (as you can define all sorts of buttons on a touch-screen), it's not the best way to interact with your technology while you're driving. Not only you will spend more time looking away from the road to your touch-screen but you will also take your hand off the steering, reaching to the middle of the dash board, swiping and touching icons on a screen.
In my view, the input should be done via a remote control mounted on the steering wheal. A sort of mouse for the car.
It would work great with Waze - reporting traffic events, liking/confirming alerts, etc - directly from your steering wheel. It's safer and more comfortable for the driver (you will keep both your hands on the steering wheel at all times).
world_60fcpu35
Send a message