How to report hazards: icy road? disabled vehicle?

Post by apolex
I haven't been able to find the correct category to report dangerous icy road conditions. I see under "Weather" where you can report "heavy snow", etc., but that's a lot different and not relevant for a bad icy spot on the road that I want to warn others about.

Also, I reported a disabled vehicle today, but had to enter it as a "shoulder" hazard and that it was a car that the police pulled over. But this vehicle was completely blocking the road, creating dangerous one-lane traffic. Is there a better mechanism/category where I could report this?

Thanks,
Apolex
apolex

POSTER_ID:1479014

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
What Client are you using? I just report these as "Hazard" and then enter the details. On the latest iPhone version, selecting Road, Shoulder or Weather brings up more sub-options, and you can also record a 10s voice note. Even under the previous version, you can manually type whatever details you need.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
This topic is over 2 years old. There are more recent discussion about this (including information about using voice commands as some of these are available there). In accordance with the Forum Rules please 1) Search before posting and 2) do NOT reopen threads more than 6 months old.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by apolex
Thanks Alan, I'll check that out. I'm relatively new to Waze, so I'm not completely familiar with all of its options or capabilities yet.
apolex
Send a message

Post by Baks_
Hello,
I know it is a bit old subject but I have the newest version of Waze and have to say that it is a little bit problematic to report icy road, spoiled oil or other thing cause they are not in the list.
I think also that writing a comment during driving on the icy road is not the best idea ;) .
After that one also could report "accident" ;)

Are there any plans for adding some more possibilities to be chosen from the report list?
Baks_
Send a message