Teams?

Moderator: Unholy

Teams?

Postby Adam_Thrasher » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:40 am

Seriously? Sorry I don't mean to come off all negative here but the new feature is totally irrelevant IMHO.
Teams to me seem to be a complete waste, useless & stupid feature. How exactly does following a soccer team help me navigate, fight traffic & achieve the best commute possible? What does following a soccer team & trying to use GPS navigation have in common? Am I missing something?
So instead of being connected to people in my area using some of the same routes I use, I can instead be connected to all the fans of any particular soccer team? What for?
I'm not big on soccer in the first place but if I were I could care less to integrate all the other fans of the same time I like into my daily commute. I was actually excited at the thought of some cool new feature when I first got the announcement now I'm just perplexed since it seems as a GPS app this teams features seems to indicate a heading in the wrong direction. I'm not even particularly married to the "groups" function but at least that feature was actually relevant to driving, traffic & navigating my routes.
Why wouldn't you just keep the groups feature & allow each group to choose which one of their favorite team icons they'd like to label their group with? IDK, I just don't get it & am sitting here scratching my head on this one.
Adam_Thrasher

Re: Teams?

Postby robindlc » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:44 am

Adam_Thrasher wrote:Am I missing something?

Yes you do. ;)

Teams and all this stuff is probably irrelevant for navigating, but what you really need is more and more people using the app to get their data collected and giving and accurate info about traffic and hazards on road.

This is just an idea (gaming) to try to increase the use of the app, and people talking about the app... like the sport voices and so on...

Remember that we do not want people using the app only to navigate to places when they do not know how to go, but we want people using the app also in their daily commute drives.
Image robindlc • CM Spain • Waze Champs

robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby petcz » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:13 am

Fully agree with Adam_Thrasher. I think I do understand why they've added the soccer teams. But that should not replace the groups! There are other features people would like to see like non FB friends, better UI, house numbers... but I do not remember, I've seen someone asking for soccer teams.

Furthermore I am probably not the only one, who is not interested in soccer. Why should I (we) join any team? What's the point?
petcz

Postby robindlc » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:39 pm

petcz wrote:I think I do understand why they've added the soccer teams. But that should not replace the groups!

I do absolutely agree on that. And for sure, Teams is not intended to replace Groups (or at least I hope not to do so)

IMO There are absolutely two different things...

We need something similar to groups... or at least to do what groups was supposed to do. And as you say, something not related to fb or any other third party..

As for the teams... who really cares if it is for soccer or baseball? The idea is people running around the map following balls to eat them (with the app on, obviously)

I didn't want to open a discussion. I just was trying to give another point of view.

:)

robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby petervdveen » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:40 pm

petcz wrote:Furthermore I am probably not the only one, who is not interested in soccer. Why should I (we) join any team? What's the point?

Who forced to join a team?

Btw, groups are finaly gone. (about time)
Teams are new.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC Sensation Z710e met Tapatalk
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby mbkier » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:11 pm

I do not see any teams. When I go to the My Waze>Teams screen, it remains blank. I do see the road goodies.
mbkier

Postby robindlc » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:13 pm

mbkier wrote:I do not see any teams. When I go to the My Waze>Teams screen, it remains blank. I do see the road goodies.

It seems that it is going a bit slowly Today and take some time to charge the screens....

Pls try again, and if you still encounter problems, let us know which device are you using, as well as waze version...

robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Iron_samourai » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:28 pm

I have the same problem. Impossible to choose a team.
I'm using android 4.2.2 on alcatel one touch idol s. And Waze 3.7.8.0
Iron_samourai

Postby mbkier » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:38 pm

I've been trying off and on for about a week.

I'm running Android 2.2.2 on a Samsung Galaxy Precedent, Waze 3.7.8.0
mbkier

Postby Zigmoparcheesi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:31 pm

I can't choose a team, either (but I am seeing the soccer balls on the road). The option to join a team isn't there on the My Waze screen.
I'm using a Nokia Lumia 1520 running Windows phone OS 8.0.10521.155 and Waze version 3.7.4.5.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Zigmoparcheesi

Next

Return to Website, Community, General