Teams?

Moderator: Unholy

Teams?

Postby Adam_Thrasher » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:40 am

Seriously? Sorry I don't mean to come off all negative here but the new feature is totally irrelevant IMHO.
Teams to me seem to be a complete waste, useless & stupid feature. How exactly does following a soccer team help me navigate, fight traffic & achieve the best commute possible? What does following a soccer team & trying to use GPS navigation have in common? Am I missing something?
So instead of being connected to people in my area using some of the same routes I use, I can instead be connected to all the fans of any particular soccer team? What for?
I'm not big on soccer in the first place but if I were I could care less to integrate all the other fans of the same time I like into my daily commute. I was actually excited at the thought of some cool new feature when I first got the announcement now I'm just perplexed since it seems as a GPS app this teams features seems to indicate a heading in the wrong direction. I'm not even particularly married to the "groups" function but at least that feature was actually relevant to driving, traffic & navigating my routes.
Why wouldn't you just keep the groups feature & allow each group to choose which one of their favorite team icons they'd like to label their group with? IDK, I just don't get it & am sitting here scratching my head on this one.
Adam_Thrasher

Re: Teams?

Postby arlenm2012 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:01 pm

when can i create my own team?
arlenm2012

Postby arlenm2012 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:17 pm

marcedli wrote:
arlenm2012 wrote:when can i create my own team?
you cannot

so i would have to have a company and then contact the Waze officials to create my own team based on my own company?
arlenm2012

Postby bronco531 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:52 am

There is no good way to find an answer to the question "how does a user start their own team?"
bronco531

Postby Di3gis » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Teams = waste of time / resources
Groups were excellent!
Di3gis

Postby florincoter » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:28 am

TEAMS are a stupid idea, stupidly implemented. GROUPS were good, but needed maturity. I may change my feeling after TEAMS become usable by users, not by developers. By the way, a well designed and implemented feature should be used without any additional help. We, the users, are not interested in company motivation. We are interested in a product easy to use and very fast to learn. Waze, at this stage is, is neither the first, nor the second.
Need proof? See how many complaints about TEAMS being useless....
florincoter

Postby giblets46 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Can teams be made country specific?(i.e only available in one country), or do they have to be international?
Thinking about stuff like the cricket or Rugby which is not followed throughout the world.
giblets46

Postby grateful_1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:18 pm

No Teams or even how to create a team in iOS.
grateful_1

Postby Iron_samourai » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:28 pm

I have the same problem. Impossible to choose a team.
I'm using android 4.2.2 on alcatel one touch idol s. And Waze 3.7.8.0
Iron_samourai

Postby largobob1 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:05 am

Wow, people get worked up over something that is just a lighthearted fun little game. I thought it was interesting and fun, like the Holiday goodies were.
largobob1

Next

Return to Website, Community, General