Create a group to track each other

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Teams?

Postby iron_samourai » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:28 pm

I have the same problem. Impossible to choose a team.
I'm using android 4.2.2 on alcatel one touch idol s. And Waze 3.7.8.0
iron_samourai

Re: Link routes if traveling with multiple vehicles.

Postby jeafgilbert8 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:02 am

I think creating a group will need action when active trip ends, like users have to delete group, leave group, or automatically delete the group. This needs user additional effort and creates group junk in the system.

What I suggest is after sending ETA to friend(s) and if they accept it, all participants can see other cars in map (no matter how far the others left behind) because we need to track them.

SautimizedFROG wrote:I know many people would find this feature useful. I usually attend car shows and drive around the city with fellow gearheads. We could definitely use this feature, with options that include; leading vehicle can allow other friends in convoy to link onto the destination of the leaders waze route, Also you could (if possible) click "follow friend" and it will show you a small route that trails leading driver. (i understand that would be hard) what with I'm sure would have delayed response time but that could be good for the 5th and 6th car behind leader. This feature wouldn't just apply to gearheads or friends driving around with each other. I see it being useful for family trips when one or more cars are needed. Just link routes and have it so you can see their map avatars at all times. Never lose your travel buddies again!

Agree, and following friend on the road has to request friend's permission.

Or.. I suggest after sending ETA to friend(s) and if they accept it, all participants can see other cars in map (no matter how far the others left behind) because we need to track them.
jeafgilbert8

Postby JWid06 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:59 am

In the city where I live we have one team listed. It's the 13ABC waters this team belongs to a news station. They keep the weather alerts and traffic up to date on through messages with the team.
JWid06

Create a group to track each other

Postby KeeganWongNinja » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:17 pm

I was hoping for an option to create a group within waze so that I can track only the people in that group. Helps a lot when traveling together in multiple vehicles or on a convoy.
KeeganWongNinja

Postby largobob1 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:05 am

Wow, people get worked up over something that is just a lighthearted fun little game. I thought it was interesting and fun, like the Holiday goodies were.
largobob1

Postby marcedli » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:48 pm

teams feature is not a renamed groups. You cannot set up teams atm.
marcedli
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby marcedli » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:50 pm

SnowSleetIce wrote:How does one create a team. I do some of the IT work at my location and the General Manager would like to start one with our logo?
Thanks!
it will be sort of advertisement of your company, so I suggest to find that part in waze homepage and get in touch with waze officials
marcedli
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby marcedli » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:49 pm

arlenm2012 wrote:when can i create my own team?
you cannot
marcedli
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby marcedli » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:34 pm

arlenm2012 wrote:
marcedli wrote:
arlenm2012 wrote:when can i create my own team?
you cannot

so i would have to have a company and then contact the Waze officials to create my own team based on my own company?

I don't have any information for what the teams function will be used in the future
marcedli
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby marcedli » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:11 am

timbeauFlyball wrote:I don't even see anything on my mobile device that explains anything about teams. My assumption was that this was about making a team with my friends. I infer from these comments is that it is about identifying with sports teams. Am I confused? Is anyone else?

yes, once upon a time it was "groups" (which you could build with your friends), this feature is ended, then it became teams referring to football teams during the world cup
marcedli
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests