Create a group to track each other

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Teams?

Postby robindlc » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:13 pm

mbkier wrote:I do not see any teams. When I go to the My Waze>Teams screen, it remains blank. I do see the road goodies.

It seems that it is going a bit slowly Today and take some time to charge the screens....

Pls try again, and if you still encounter problems, let us know which device are you using, as well as waze version...
robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby mbkier » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:11 pm

I do not see any teams. When I go to the My Waze>Teams screen, it remains blank. I do see the road goodies.
mbkier

Postby petervdveen » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:40 pm

petcz wrote:Furthermore I am probably not the only one, who is not interested in soccer. Why should I (we) join any team? What's the point?

Who forced to join a team?

Btw, groups are finaly gone. (about time)
Teams are new.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC Sensation Z710e met Tapatalk
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby robindlc » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:39 pm

petcz wrote:I think I do understand why they've added the soccer teams. But that should not replace the groups!

I do absolutely agree on that. And for sure, Teams is not intended to replace Groups (or at least I hope not to do so)

IMO There are absolutely two different things...

We need something similar to groups... or at least to do what groups was supposed to do. And as you say, something not related to fb or any other third party..

As for the teams... who really cares if it is for soccer or baseball? The idea is people running around the map following balls to eat them (with the app on, obviously)

I didn't want to open a discussion. I just was trying to give another point of view.

:)
robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby petcz » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:13 am

Fully agree with Adam_Thrasher. I think I do understand why they've added the soccer teams. But that should not replace the groups! There are other features people would like to see like non FB friends, better UI, house numbers... but I do not remember, I've seen someone asking for soccer teams.

Furthermore I am probably not the only one, who is not interested in soccer. Why should I (we) join any team? What's the point?
petcz

Postby robindlc » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:44 am

Adam_Thrasher wrote:Am I missing something?

Yes you do. ;)

Teams and all this stuff is probably irrelevant for navigating, but what you really need is more and more people using the app to get their data collected and giving and accurate info about traffic and hazards on road.

This is just an idea (gaming) to try to increase the use of the app, and people talking about the app... like the sport voices and so on...

Remember that we do not want people using the app only to navigate to places when they do not know how to go, but we want people using the app also in their daily commute drives.
robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: Link routes if traveling with multiple vehicles.

Postby jeafgilbert8 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:02 am

I think creating a group will need action when active trip ends, like users have to delete group, leave group, or automatically delete the group. This needs user additional effort and creates group junk in the system.

What I suggest is after sending ETA to friend(s) and if they accept it, all participants can see other cars in map (no matter how far the others left behind) because we need to track them.

SautimizedFROG wrote:I know many people would find this feature useful. I usually attend car shows and drive around the city with fellow gearheads. We could definitely use this feature, with options that include; leading vehicle can allow other friends in convoy to link onto the destination of the leaders waze route, Also you could (if possible) click "follow friend" and it will show you a small route that trails leading driver. (i understand that would be hard) what with I'm sure would have delayed response time but that could be good for the 5th and 6th car behind leader. This feature wouldn't just apply to gearheads or friends driving around with each other. I see it being useful for family trips when one or more cars are needed. Just link routes and have it so you can see their map avatars at all times. Never lose your travel buddies again!

Agree, and following friend on the road has to request friend's permission.

Or.. I suggest after sending ETA to friend(s) and if they accept it, all participants can see other cars in map (no matter how far the others left behind) because we need to track them.
jeafgilbert8

Re: Create a group to track each other

Postby pnvllygirl » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:49 pm

When you look at others in your group to see how much longer their drives are to the destination, could you possibly use hours and minutes, as opposed to total minutes? So if Sally will be there in 3 hours and 12 minutes instead of 192 minutes? It gets confusing to try to convert their times
pnvllygirl

Postby DriveMoz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:21 pm

WAZE - You took Groups away because it was not used???

But do you know why it was not used???? Because of the stupid Zoning (50 or 100km radius?) for groups. So if someone joins a group, then the group is useless if he goes out of the radius area, and visa versa. So a person coming to a specific area, could not join the group because he could not see the group, because he was outside of the radius of the group.

Take away the Radius issue, and bring back groups. FaceBook etc are all about communities, we want our WAZE Communities too. That means the user must be able to choose a radius, or maybe just a region, or it can be open.

Please re-instate
Regards
DriveMoz

Postby tserBK » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:47 am

Groups with badge display will be more interesting.
tserBK
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests