Post by rmckinnon
I think the core of this request would be to have a function in the menu somewhere to record a specific trip at specific times to a Log and this log could be accessed at any time. Not all of my mileage is for business but if I could tag trips as business and get a summary on demand that would be great and it would also be a huge incentive for waze users to leave waze running while driving.
rmckinnon
Send a message

Post by Seasider
Erm, not wishing to be a nay-sayer, but we already have a milage log. Is it not the recent journeys on the home page and the archived journeys if you need to go back further.

I already use it to calculate my expenses.
Seasider
Send a message
Seasider

Sometimes, the light at the end of the tunnel, is just a train coming the other way!!!

Client - Samsung Galaxy S3 - Jellybean
AM - Lancs UK (most of)
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Seasider1972
Emyther - waze.map.update.lancs@gmail.com

Post by SeattleJoe
I think a "download drives" function would be great. I'd love to do some analytic analysis on my routes/drives. Basically have the ability to download the GPS data; coordinates and timestamp.
SeattleJoe
Send a message

Post by stiab3
auroraskyes wrote:For lack of finding a better place in this forum I choose this as a means to present an idea for Waze.

Recently I got a promotion at work at which I am going to be given a company car. I think it would be good to have a mileage log feature that would allow me to pick a name for a starting location, ending location, and trip purpose. This would be also be able to tell actual traveled mileage. Like most other mileage logs it would also be good to email the list to oneself as a *.csv or be able to download it off of the Waze website.

I believe that this feature would help me as an individual and the community by making sure that I would always be running Waze during my travels. This feature would make Waze incredibly more appealing and hopefully draw in more users.
Good idea. I have a company car and it would be useful.

As it is, I record my personal miles and deduct it from the total.
stiab3
Send a message
. . . still a long waze to go.
Area Manager - South Lakeland

Post by stiab3
Seasider wrote:Erm, not wishing to be a nay-sayer, but we already have a milage log. Is it not the recent journeys on the home page and the archived journeys if you need to go back further.

I already use it to calculate my expenses.
I'm never sure how reliable that is. And it can lag several days behind actual journeys. Right now I can only see as far as Thursday on that log.
stiab3
Send a message
. . . still a long waze to go.
Area Manager - South Lakeland

Post by Tiflivengood
It is also possible to see your "drives" online in the waze map editor if that helps/
Tiflivengood
Send a message

Post by Zharklm
Just had my current log application crap out on me and I am now relying on Waze to get the information back. I know that there is a list of the trips, but if those trips are to favourites that are already in your client how about a function to export all the trips in the system to a csv with the favourites names data, and so we don't have to use another app in the future to update the client to so can put in the odo reading for the start/end and purpose of trips.
Zharklm
Send a message